AVB Gives Dembele Injury Update

By on November 2, 2012

Moussa-Dembele Tottenham

Tottenham manager Andre Villas-Boas has given an update on injured midfielder Mousa Dembele, amid fears the Belgian ace may be ruled out for six weeks.

Dembele settled well in North London after making a summer move from Fulham and has already become an important first team player at White Hart Lane.

However, his progress was halted last month when he aggravated a long-standing hip injury during Belgium’s 2014 World Cup qualifier against Scotland.

The complaint has forced the midfielder to miss Tottenham’s last four games and a scan last week failed to show the full extent of the injury.

Villas-Boas is hoping a fresh scan will rule out the need for surgery – which would see the 25-year-old on the sidelines for up to six weeks – and instead is confident he’ll be back in action inside a fortnight. The Spurs boss told Sky Sports News.

“We want to avoid surgery if we can,” Villas-Boas said.

“If there happens to be surgery I think we are looking for one month, one month and a half.

“Hopefully that will not happen because we have some good indications the player will be back in one week or two weeks.

“It’s a pain that goes away or happened to go away when he was at Fulham for two or three days and the pain went away but it is still there.

“He can’t move himself properly so he will have a deeper scan on the injury so we can assess it properly.”

Have Spurs missed Dembele? Could they cope without him for six weeks? Get involved in the comments section.

Fancy a flutter on the game? Claim your £10 welcome bonus at Sky Bet and enjoy some of the best match odds in the business.

Best of the web

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *