- Man Utd Star Closes In On Comeback After Offering Positive Injury Update
- Arsenal Boost – Star Set To Make Injury Return This Weekend
- Arsene Wenger Offers Positive Injury Update On Alexis Sanchez
- Liverpool Dealt Fresh Injury Blow As Star Ruled Out Until 2016
- Liverpool Handed Major Injury Boost Ahead Of Man City Showdown
- England Squad Announced: Eric Dier Joins Man Utd & Liverpool Stars In 23-Man Squad
Scouts In The Stands To Watch Impressive Gomez
Despite the transfer window being closed, there is always transfer gossip doing the rounds in the papers and we’ll keep you up-to-date with the latest news during the coming months. Today, several Premier League big-guns monitor Charlton ace Joe Gomez.
Several top Premier League clubs are monitoring the progress of highly-rated Charlton youngster Joe Gomez, according to the Daily Mail.
The 15-year-old was the star attraction on Thursday night during England Under 16′s match against Wales in Port Talbot, with scouts from Arsenal, Chelsea, Liverpool and Manchester City in attendance to run-the-rule over the defender.
Gomez impressed in difficult conditions as he helped the young lions to a 1-0 win in the Victory Shield.
The Mail claim that Liverpool and Chelsea hold the most serious interest in Gomez – who’s rated as one of the most promising young defenders outside of the Premier League – but Arsenal and City are also monitoring his progress carefully.
However, Charlton are desperate to hang on to the player and are confident they can persuade him to remain at the Valley and sign professional terms with them.
Should the teenager decide to quit south London, Charlton would be eligible for compensation but manager Chris Powell would prefer to hold on to the centre back in order to help continue his development.
Fancy a flutter on the game? Claim your £10 welcome bonus at Sky Bet and enjoy some of the best match odds in the business.