- [Photos & Video] Player All Smiles In Chelsea Shirt After Completing £34m Move
- [Photo] Moussa Sissoko Poses With Tottenham Shirt After Completing £30m Move
- [Photos] Jack Wilshere All Smiles After Completing Move Away From Arsenal
- Liverpool Transfer News: £20m Bid Rejected | Defender Told To Leave On Loan
- Arsenal Agree To Let Wilshere Leave Following Crunch Talks With Wenger
- Liverpool Steal March On Man Utd After Tabling £30m Offer For Brazilian Forward
Chelsea Cool Interest In ‘Expensive’ Falcao
Despite the transfer window being closed, there is always transfer gossip doing the rounds in the papers and we’ll keep you up-to-date with the latest news during the coming months. Today, Chelsea look at Falcao alternatives.
Chelsea are looking at cheaper alternatives for £46m-rated Radamel Falcao with Loic Remy and Jackson Martinez under consideration, according to the Mirror.
The Blues have cooled their interest in Falcao after learning that Atletico Madrid are unwilling to do business for anything less than his £46m asking price.
As we reported yesterday, Madrid were open to the idea of a player-plus-cash deal involving Fernando Torres, but the Mirror claim today that Chelsea owner Roman Abramovich isn’t prepared to give up on the Spaniard just yet and want’s to continue to show faith in the beleaguered striker.
Instead, Abramovich wants to sign a proven goal-scorer to support Torres and his first priority was Columbian Falcao. However, with Atletico refusing to budge on his valuation, it’s forced the European champions to look at cheaper alternatives with Abramovich considering the 26-year-old as an expensive option.
Read more Chelsea transfer news
Marseille striker Loic Remy was a target in the summer and is now back on the agenda, with the France hitman available for around £15m.
Roberto Di Matteo is also considering Porto striker Jackson Martinez – who’s bagged 9 goals in 9 appearances so far this season – but the Portuguese outfit’s President Pinta Da Costa is renowned for driving a hard bargain and would demand around £20m for the 26-year-old.
Do you think Falcao is worth the £46m asking price? Get involved in the comments section.
Fancy a flutter on the game? Claim your £10 welcome bonus at Sky Bet and enjoy some of the best match odds in the business.