- Arsenal Ready To Battle Liverpool For Brazilian, Player Confirms Decision To Leave
- Arsenal Playmaker Mesut Ozil Offers Positive Injury Update
- Man Utd Make Audacious €25m Offer For La Liga Midfielder But Man City Also Keen
- Liverpool Attacker A Doubt To Face Arsenal After Aggravating Injury
- Mourinho May Sanction Move As Liverpool Make Audacious Swoop For Chelsea Star
- Man Utd Handed Major Injury Boost Ahead Of Aston Villa Clash
Arsenal Make Contact Over Llorente
Despite the transfer window being closed, there is always transfer gossip doing the rounds in the papers and we’ll keep you up-to-date with the latest news during the coming months. Today, Arsenal step up their interest in Fernando Llorente.
Llorente is in the final year of his current contract and has so far refused to sign an extension with Bilbao. The 27-year-old bagged 29 goals as Athletic reached the Europa League final last year but his contract situation has lead to him being frozen out of the first team, making just one start this season.
The Spaniards are reluctant to lose him for nothing in the summer and are expected to cash in when the transfer window re-opens this January, with a host of European clubs credited with interest. talkSPORT report that Gunners boss Arsene Wenger has spoken with Athletico and asked to be kept informed about the strikers situation, and wants to know if any developments occur over the coming weeks.
The Frenchman is said to be keen on strengthening his front-line this winter with his only recognised striker – Olivier Giroud – taking time to settle in the Premier League, and Moroccan Marouane Chamakh seemingly no longer in Wenger’s first team plans.
Read more Arsenal transfer news
It seems likely that Chamakh will move on in January, with former club Bordeaux admitting recently that they will be keen to take him back on loan, leaving a hole to be filled in the Arsenal squad. The addition of Llorente would certainly improve the Gunners attacking options, which has been firing blanks so far this season.
Would Arsenal fans like to see Llorente come to the Emirates? Get involved in the comments section.