- [Photos & Video] Player All Smiles In Chelsea Shirt After Completing £34m Move
- [Photo] Moussa Sissoko Poses With Tottenham Shirt After Completing £30m Move
- [Photos] Jack Wilshere All Smiles After Completing Move Away From Arsenal
- Liverpool Transfer News: £20m Bid Rejected | Defender Told To Leave On Loan
- Arsenal Agree To Let Wilshere Leave Following Crunch Talks With Wenger
- Liverpool Steal March On Man Utd After Tabling £30m Offer For Brazilian Forward
Spurs Boost As Dembele Eyes Arsenal Return
Tottenham have received an injury boost with the news that key midfielder Mousa Dembele will not be going under the knife and could be back to face Arsenal next weekend.
The Belgian ace made a great start to life at White Hart Lane following his summer move from Fulham but has been forced to sit out the last five games after aggravating an old hip injury while on international duty for Belgium.
Spurs boss Andre Villas-Boas admitted last week that he feared Dembele may have to undergo surgery to clear up the long-standing issue, which would rule him out for up to 6 weeks.
However, the Portuguese boss has revealed the club have opted against surgery and the 25-year-old could now be back in time to face north London rivals Arsenal at the Emirates in 10 days time. Villas-Boas told Sky Sports:
“We could either give him surgery immediately, but there is no certainty it will cure the problem, or he could rest, have manual therapy, train in the swimming pool.
“That allows the player the possibility of return within 10-15 days, so we are taking that option at the moment, without having the surgery.”
Tottenham have struggled in the absence of Dembele, winning just one of the five games he’s missed, so it would be a major boost if AVB can recall him to face the Gunners next weekend.
Are Tottenham fans excited by the return of Dembele? How much have you missed him? Get involved in the comments section.