- [Photos & Video] Player All Smiles In Chelsea Shirt After Completing £34m Move
- [Photo] Moussa Sissoko Poses With Tottenham Shirt After Completing £30m Move
- [Photos] Jack Wilshere All Smiles After Completing Move Away From Arsenal
- Liverpool Transfer News: £20m Bid Rejected | Defender Told To Leave On Loan
- Arsenal Agree To Let Wilshere Leave Following Crunch Talks With Wenger
- Liverpool Steal March On Man Utd After Tabling £30m Offer For Brazilian Forward
Chelsea Preparing Huge Offer For Versatile Midfielder
Despite the transfer window being closed, there is always transfer gossip doing the rounds in the papers and we’ll keep you up-to-date with the latest news during the coming months. Today, Chelsea are linked with Marouane Fellaini.
Chelsea are lining up a £30m move for in-form Everton midfielder Marouane Fellaini this January, according to the Daily Mail.
The Belgian has been in superb form this season and grabbed his sixth goal of the campaign as the Toffees came from behind to beat Sunderland 2-1 on Saturday.
Blues manager Roberto Di Matteo is keen to add to his midfield options this winter and owner Roman Abramovich is willing to open the purse strings once again and sanction a move for Fellaini when the window re-opens.
The 24-year-old would provide Chelsea with versatility in the middle, as the 6ft 4 inch Belgian international is able to play as a defensive midfielder, a box-to-box midfielder or in a more advanced role behind the striker.
He is also eligible to play in the Champions League this season and with over 100 appearances in the Premier League under his belt already for Everton, Fellaini would be able to come straight into the Chelsea side and help maintain their title push as well as try and defend their European trophy.
Read more Chelsea transfer news
However, David Moyes has made it clear it will take a huge offer to persuade them to sell their prize asset. After splashing out almost £80m in the summer on Eden Hazard, Oscar, Victor Moses, Marko Marin and César Azpilicuet, Abramovich is going to have to smash the £100m barrier if he’s to get his man and the Russian is ready to test Everton’s resolve with a £30m opening bid in January.
Is Fellaini the missing piece in the puzzle Chelsea fans? Get involved in the comments section.