- Arsenal Ready To Battle Liverpool For Brazilian, Player Confirms Decision To Leave
- Arsenal Playmaker Mesut Ozil Offers Positive Injury Update
- Man Utd Make Audacious €25m Offer For La Liga Midfielder But Man City Also Keen
- Liverpool Attacker A Doubt To Face Arsenal After Aggravating Injury
- Mourinho May Sanction Move As Liverpool Make Audacious Swoop For Chelsea Star
- Man Utd Handed Major Injury Boost Ahead Of Aston Villa Clash
Chelsea Risk Losing Falcao As Mancini Meets With £45m-Rated Striker’s Agent
Despite the transfer window being closed, there is always transfer gossip doing the rounds in the papers and we’ll keep you up-to-date with the latest news during the coming months. Today, more on the future of Radamel Falcao.
The report claims that City boss Roberto Mancini recently held talks with the strikers representative in Madrid to try and persuade him to shun the advances of Chelsea and Real Madrid and move to the Etihad Stadium next summer.
Falcao has been in stunning form this season for Atletico Madrid and has scored an incredible 49 goals in his 60 games for the La Liga side since moving from Porto in 2011.
Chelsea have been strongly linked with a move for the 26-year-old but it seems City are working hard to beat their Premier League rivals to his signature and the Telegraph are reporting that Mancini has met with the strikers agent Jorge Mendes on more than one occasion to try and thrash out a deal.
The £45m-rated hitman is said to want £5m per season after tax, which City could match, but Mancini will have to offload one of his big earning strikers before a deal can be concluded with Eden Dzeko and Mario Balotelli most likely to be moved on.
Chelsea won’t give up on their No.1 transfer target without a fight though and may be prepared to offer Atletico Fernando Torres as a ready-made replacement in a player-plus-cash deal in order to trump City, with owner Roman Abramovich so far reluctant to match Falcao’s £45m asking price.
Would Chelsea or City fans welcome the signing of Falcao? Get involved in the comments section.