- Arsenal Willing To Break Transfer Record To Sign Attacker Ahead Of Liverpool
- Arsenal Eye Audacious Move For Key Barcelona Midfielder
- Man Utd Boss Confirms He’ll Buy Attacker & Responds To Reported Ronaldo Interest
- World Class Striker Drops Huge Hint Over Manchester United Move
- Man Utd In Advanced Talks To Sign Chelsea & Liverpool Target, Deal Expected Soon
- Man Utd To Table Formal Bid For £35m-Rated Chelsea Target After Talks With Agent
Wenger To Resurrect Interest In Real Madrid Striker
Despite the transfer window being closed, there is always transfer gossip doing the rounds in the papers and we’ll keep you up-to-date with the latest news during the coming months. Today, Arsenal renew their interest in Alvaro Morata.
Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger has renewed his interest in Real Madrid striker Alvaro Morata, according to the Mirror.
The Frenchman has held a long-term interest in the 20-year-old B team star and tried to bring him to the Emirates on loan during the summer.
However, Real decided to keep hold of him but so far the 6ft 4 inch striker has been restricted to just 3 substitute appearances for the first team, the latest coming on Sunday when he came off the bench to score the winner in a 2-1 win over Levante.
Morata has the likes of Cristiano Ronaldo, Gonzalo Higuain and Karim Benzema in front of him in Jose Mourinho’s pecking order and the lack of first team opportunities at the Bernabeu has alerted Wenger once again.
The Arsenal boss is understood to be keen to add to his strike-force when the transfer window re-opens in January and the Mirror claim he is eyeing another move for the highly-rated Morata.
Read more Arsenal transfer news
Is this the type of player Gooners had hoped we’d be signing this winter? I’m not convinced he is. Sure he has an impressive record for Real Madrid’s B team, scoring 34 goals in 70 games and he’s been capped at under 17, 18 and 19 level for Spain, but will he be able to come straight in and have an affect on the first team? Unlikely.
No more kids Arsene, after our worst start in 30 years we need proven players who can make a difference NOW.
Who would you like to see Arsenal sign in January? Get involved in the comments section.