- Liverpool Handed Major Injury Boost Ahead Of Man City Showdown
- England Squad Announced: Eric Dier Joins Man Utd & Liverpool Stars In 23-Man Squad
- Liverpool Receive Injury Boost As Attacker Eyes Swift Return From Surgery
- Major Injury Boost For Liverpool As Duo Take Part In Klopps First Training Session
- Klopp Finally Speaks Out Amid Reports He’s Set To Be Named New Liverpool Boss
- Liverpool Dealt Fresh Injury Blow: Star Faces 2 Months Out + Firmino Update
Wenger To Resurrect Interest In Real Madrid Striker
Despite the transfer window being closed, there is always transfer gossip doing the rounds in the papers and we’ll keep you up-to-date with the latest news during the coming months. Today, Arsenal renew their interest in Alvaro Morata.
Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger has renewed his interest in Real Madrid striker Alvaro Morata, according to the Mirror.
The Frenchman has held a long-term interest in the 20-year-old B team star and tried to bring him to the Emirates on loan during the summer.
However, Real decided to keep hold of him but so far the 6ft 4 inch striker has been restricted to just 3 substitute appearances for the first team, the latest coming on Sunday when he came off the bench to score the winner in a 2-1 win over Levante.
Morata has the likes of Cristiano Ronaldo, Gonzalo Higuain and Karim Benzema in front of him in Jose Mourinho’s pecking order and the lack of first team opportunities at the Bernabeu has alerted Wenger once again.
The Arsenal boss is understood to be keen to add to his strike-force when the transfer window re-opens in January and the Mirror claim he is eyeing another move for the highly-rated Morata.
Read more Arsenal transfer news
Is this the type of player Gooners had hoped we’d be signing this winter? I’m not convinced he is. Sure he has an impressive record for Real Madrid’s B team, scoring 34 goals in 70 games and he’s been capped at under 17, 18 and 19 level for Spain, but will he be able to come straight in and have an affect on the first team? Unlikely.
No more kids Arsene, after our worst start in 30 years we need proven players who can make a difference NOW.
Who would you like to see Arsenal sign in January? Get involved in the comments section.