- [Photos & Video] Player All Smiles In Chelsea Shirt After Completing £34m Move
- [Photo] Moussa Sissoko Poses With Tottenham Shirt After Completing £30m Move
- [Photos] Jack Wilshere All Smiles After Completing Move Away From Arsenal
- Liverpool Transfer News: £20m Bid Rejected | Defender Told To Leave On Loan
- Arsenal Agree To Let Wilshere Leave Following Crunch Talks With Wenger
- Liverpool Steal March On Man Utd After Tabling £30m Offer For Brazilian Forward
Transfer News: Rams Starlet Linked With £4m January Move
Despite the transfer window being closed, there is always transfer gossip doing the rounds in the papers and we’ll keep you up-to-date with the latest news during the coming months. Today, Arsenal, Liverpool and Man City are linked with Will Hughes.
Arsenal, Liverpool and Manchester City are lining up a January bid for Derby County’s highly-rated youngster Will Hughes, according to the Telegraph.
Derby boss Nigel Clough is keen to hold on to the 17-year-old midfielder but may be forced to sell when the window re-opens after the clubs owners made it clear they need to raise £1.8m over the next few months.
Gunners boss Arsene Wenger has sent scouts to watch Hughes already this season and Liverpool and Manchester City have also being showing an interest in his development. Representatives are once again expected to be in the stands to run-the-rule over the midfielder as he lines-up for the England under-21′s tonight, when he’s expected to become the second youngest player to represent England at this level.
The Telegraph claim that Arsenal have already contacted Derby about a possible deal after Wenger was convinced of his potential by chief scout Steve Rowley. However, the Rams may play hardball and look to auction him off to the highest bidder if they decide to cash-in, and will look to receive a figure of at least £4m.
Hughes came through Derby’s academy system before breaking into the first team in 2011, and has gone on to establish himself as a regular starting 16 games in the Championship so far this season.
Would you like Will Hughes at your club? Or would you prefer more established names? Get involved in the comments section.