- Arsenal Ready To Battle Liverpool For Brazilian, Player Confirms Decision To Leave
- Arsenal Playmaker Mesut Ozil Offers Positive Injury Update
- Man Utd Make Audacious €25m Offer For La Liga Midfielder But Man City Also Keen
- Liverpool Attacker A Doubt To Face Arsenal After Aggravating Injury
- Mourinho May Sanction Move As Liverpool Make Audacious Swoop For Chelsea Star
- Man Utd Handed Major Injury Boost Ahead Of Aston Villa Clash
Fergie Sends Scouts To Watch £38m-Rated Columbian Winger
Despite the transfer window being closed, there is always transfer gossip doing the rounds in the papers and we’ll keep you up-to-date with the latest news during the coming months. Today, Man Utd step up their interest in James Rodriguez.
United have been strongly linked with a move for Rodriguez in recent months and have sent scouts to run-the-rule over the Columbian international on several occasions.
Sir Alex Ferguson is believed to be on the look-out for a potential replacement for Portuguese ace Nani – who’s Old Trafford future is in serious doubt after failing to agree terms over a new contract – and Rodriguez is high on the Scot’s wish-list.
Fergie sent scouts to watch the 21-year-old in action for the seventh time during Porto’s 2-1 win over Academica on Sunday night and they weren’t disappointed as Rodriguez opened the scoring and put in an impressive all-round display.
talkSPORT claim Porto have recently renegotiated the wingers contract and increased his buy-out clause from £25m to £38m, but this hasn’t deterred United from stepping up their interest ahead of a potential January bid.
Read more Man Utd transfer news
However, any move is highly likely to depend on the future of Nani. Fergie recently publically criticised the player following United’s League Cup defeat to Chelsea and reports have suggested the winger could be on his way out of Old Trafford. If that’s the case, expect the Red Devils to move for Rodriguez but will be able to strike a deal with the notoriously difficult to deal with Porto?
Would United fans like to see Rodriguez replace Nani at OT? Get involved in the comments section.