- Liverpool Handed Major Injury Boost Ahead Of Man City Showdown
- England Squad Announced: Eric Dier Joins Man Utd & Liverpool Stars In 23-Man Squad
- Liverpool Receive Injury Boost As Attacker Eyes Swift Return From Surgery
- Major Injury Boost For Liverpool As Duo Take Part In Klopps First Training Session
- Klopp Finally Speaks Out Amid Reports He’s Set To Be Named New Liverpool Boss
- Liverpool Dealt Fresh Injury Blow: Star Faces 2 Months Out + Firmino Update
Arsenal & Liverpool Boosted In Pursuit Of Unsettled Spanish Winger
Despite the transfer window being closed, there is always transfer gossip doing the rounds in the papers and we’ll keep you up-to-date with the latest news during the coming months. Today, Arsenal and Liverpool are linked with Cristian Tello.
Arsenal and Liverpool have been boosted in their pursuit of Barcelona attacker Cristian Tello with the news that he’s yet to agree terms over a new deal, according to talkSPORT.
The 21-year-old is out of contract at the end of the season and is free to sign a pre-contract agreement with a foreign club at the turn of the year.
Barcelona are desperate to keep hold of the highly-rated winger and have offered him a new four-year contract. However, Tello is reluctant to put pen-to-paper and talkSPORT claim Arsenal and Liverpool are ready to make their move if he doesn’t commit his future to the Catalans in the next six weeks.
The Spanish youth international has been with Barca since 2010 but has largely featured for their B team and only recently made his breakthrough to the first team set up. He has made 7 appearances so far this season, scoring two goals, but with the array of talent to contend with at the Nou Camp, Tello is contemplating whether his future may be better served elsewhere.
Liverpool are confident they are in pole position to sign the player as former Barca youth team coach Rodolfa Borrell – who’s worked with Tello in the past – is now part of Brendan Rodgers’ backroom staff at Anfield and they are hoping he can use his relationship with the player to their advantage.
But Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger is also a huge fan of the talented attacker and will fight the Reds all the way to land him if he’s available in January.
Would you like Tello at your club? Get involved in the comments section.