- [Photos & Video] Player All Smiles In Chelsea Shirt After Completing £34m Move
- [Photo] Moussa Sissoko Poses With Tottenham Shirt After Completing £30m Move
- [Photos] Jack Wilshere All Smiles After Completing Move Away From Arsenal
- Liverpool Transfer News: £20m Bid Rejected | Defender Told To Leave On Loan
- Arsenal Agree To Let Wilshere Leave Following Crunch Talks With Wenger
- Liverpool Steal March On Man Utd After Tabling £30m Offer For Brazilian Forward
Chelsea Confident They Will Land £50m Suarez, But Only When Guardiola Takes Over
Despite the transfer window being closed, there is always transfer gossip doing the rounds in the papers and we’ll keep you up-to-date with the latest news during the coming months. Today, Chelsea eye Suarez and Guardiola.
Chelsea are confident they can lure Liverpool striker Luis Suarez to Stamford Bridge if Pep Guardiola becomes manager in the summer, according to the Mirror.
Owner Roman Abramovich wants to sign Suarez AND Radamel Falcao and believes he can fulfill his dreams by installing Pep Guardiola as boss next summer.
As reported earlier today, Abramovich is ready to sack Roberto Di Matteo and wants Guardiola as his next manager. The former Barcelona boss is currently taking a year out the game but has made it clear he would be open to moving to West London and talks over his next role are due to begin in the new year.
Colombian hitman Falcao is expected to join Chelsea in January and Abramovich wants Suarez to follow him in the summer and believes that Guardiola will be key to signing the Uruguayan. Suarez’s agent is Guardiola’s brother Pere and Chelsea are keen to use the link to their advantage.
Liverpool are adamant the striker is not for sale but the Mirror suggest they may sell if they receive £50m and Chelsea are willing to pay that amount to land the former Ajax ace as long as they can find a buyer for Fernando Torres.
A strike-force of Falcao and Suarez managed by Guardiola would be a mouth-watering prospect, but can Abramovich pull it off? Only time will tell but the Mirror seem to think so.
Do you think Chelsea have any chance of luring Suarez to Stamford Bridge? Get involved in the comments section.