- Arsenal Willing To Break Transfer Record To Sign Attacker Ahead Of Liverpool
- Arsenal Eye Audacious Move For Key Barcelona Midfielder
- Man Utd Boss Confirms He’ll Buy Attacker & Responds To Reported Ronaldo Interest
- World Class Striker Drops Huge Hint Over Manchester United Move
- Man Utd In Advanced Talks To Sign Chelsea & Liverpool Target, Deal Expected Soon
- Man Utd To Table Formal Bid For £35m-Rated Chelsea Target After Talks With Agent
Tottenham Transfer News: Brazilian Rejects Talk Of £15m January Move
Despite the transfer window being closed, there is always transfer gossip doing the rounds in the papers and we’ll keep you up-to-date with the latest news during the coming months. Today, Leandro Damiao won’t be joining Tottenham in January.
Brazilian striker Leandro Damiao has insisted he wont be moving to the Premier League in January amid fresh interest from Tottenham Hotspur, according to the Mirror.
The Internacional hitman has become one of South America’s most highly-rated strikers after hitting 38 goals in 51 games last season and his form has attracted interest from all over Europe.
Former Spurs manager Harry Redknapp tried to sign the 23-year-old last year while he was still in charge at White Hart Lane, and his replacement Andre Villas-Boas also saw a bid rejected in the summer.
Recent reports suggest the Portuguese coach is lining up another move when the transfer window re-opens in January as he looks to bolster his attacking line, but Damiao has revealed he is in no hurry to leave Brazil and won’t be moving to the Premier League this winter.
“I do not feel the need to move away right now. Now is not the time to be thinking about leaving here for Europe or the Premier League.”
Damiao is quoted as saying in the Mirror
Read more Spurs transfer news
Who wouldd Tottenham fans like to see AVB sign in January? Get involved in the comments section.