- Arsenal & Man Utd Given Go-Ahead To Sign €40m Hitman
- Chelsea Team News: Mourinho Offers Injury Update On Fabregas & Luis
- Arsenal Or Man Utd? €25m Target Confirms When He’ll Choose New Club
- Arsenal Handed Blow As Alexis Sanchez Ruled Out Of Tottenham Clash
- Bolton vs Liverpool Preview, Team News, Likely Line-Up, Prediction & Betting Tips
- Arsenal Ready To Battle Liverpool For Brazilian, Player Confirms Decision To Leave
Man Utd’s Official Squad To Face Galatasaray: Several Key Players Missing
Manchester United have named their 21-man squad that will travel to Turkey to face Galatasaray in their Champions League Group H encounter on Tuesday night, and several key names have been left behind.
United have already qualified for the knockout stages as group winners and boss Sir Alex Ferguson has therefore taken the opportunity to rest the likes of Patrice Evra, Rio Ferdinand and Robin van Persie.
Striker Wayne Rooney – who missed Saturday’s 1-0 defeat to Norwich City with tonsillitis – has also been left back in Manchester despite returning to training on Monday. Paul Scholes and Ryan Giggs also miss out, while goalkeeper David De Gea has been given further time to recover after having his wisdom teeth removed last week.
The absentees mean Ferguson is able to blood some youngsters with the likes of Nick Powell, Josh King, David Petrucci, Tom Thorpe and Ryan Tunnicliffe all among the 21-man strong squad who travel to Istanbul.
However, United will be able to call upon some experienced names with Javier Hernandez, Michael Carrick, Darren Fletcher, Tom Cleverley, Rafael, Danny Welbeck, Anderson and Ashley Young all making the trip. Here is the official squad announced on ManUtd.com.
Squad: Johnstone, Lindegaard; Rafael, Buttner, Jones, Thorpe, Vermijl, Wootton; Carrick, Petrucci, Cole, Cleverley, Fletcher, Anderson, Powell, Young, Tunnicliffe; Hernandez, King, Welbeck, Macheda.
What would your line-up be for the game? Get involved in the comments section.