- Liverpool Dealt Fresh Injury Blow: Star Faces 2 Months Out + Firmino Update
- Man Utd Plotting £90m Move For 321 Goal Super-Star
- Key Man Ruled Out As Man Utd Announce 20-Man Squad For PSV Game
- Chelsea Dealt Blow As Key Man Suffers Injury Ahead Of Everton Trip
- Madrid Chief: Arsenal Target Was Among 4 Players Man Utd Tried To Sign This Summer
- Liverpool Left To Sweat As Key Man Suffers Injury Ahead Of Man Utd Clash
Man Utd’s Official Squad To Face Galatasaray: Several Key Players Missing
Manchester United have named their 21-man squad that will travel to Turkey to face Galatasaray in their Champions League Group H encounter on Tuesday night, and several key names have been left behind.
United have already qualified for the knockout stages as group winners and boss Sir Alex Ferguson has therefore taken the opportunity to rest the likes of Patrice Evra, Rio Ferdinand and Robin van Persie.
Striker Wayne Rooney – who missed Saturday’s 1-0 defeat to Norwich City with tonsillitis – has also been left back in Manchester despite returning to training on Monday. Paul Scholes and Ryan Giggs also miss out, while goalkeeper David De Gea has been given further time to recover after having his wisdom teeth removed last week.
The absentees mean Ferguson is able to blood some youngsters with the likes of Nick Powell, Josh King, David Petrucci, Tom Thorpe and Ryan Tunnicliffe all among the 21-man strong squad who travel to Istanbul.
However, United will be able to call upon some experienced names with Javier Hernandez, Michael Carrick, Darren Fletcher, Tom Cleverley, Rafael, Danny Welbeck, Anderson and Ashley Young all making the trip. Here is the official squad announced on ManUtd.com.
Squad: Johnstone, Lindegaard; Rafael, Buttner, Jones, Thorpe, Vermijl, Wootton; Carrick, Petrucci, Cole, Cleverley, Fletcher, Anderson, Powell, Young, Tunnicliffe; Hernandez, King, Welbeck, Macheda.
What would your line-up be for the game? Get involved in the comments section.