- Arsenal Playmaker Mesut Ozil Offers Positive Injury Update
- Man Utd Make Audacious €25m Offer For La Liga Midfielder But Man City Also Keen
- Liverpool Attacker A Doubt To Face Arsenal After Aggravating Injury
- Mourinho May Sanction Move As Liverpool Make Audacious Swoop For Chelsea Star
- Man Utd Handed Major Injury Boost Ahead Of Aston Villa Clash
- Oxlade-Chamberlain A Doubt For Liverpool Game As Arsenal’s Injury Crisis Deepens
Man Utd’s Official Squad To Face Galatasaray: Several Key Players Missing
Manchester United have named their 21-man squad that will travel to Turkey to face Galatasaray in their Champions League Group H encounter on Tuesday night, and several key names have been left behind.
United have already qualified for the knockout stages as group winners and boss Sir Alex Ferguson has therefore taken the opportunity to rest the likes of Patrice Evra, Rio Ferdinand and Robin van Persie.
Striker Wayne Rooney – who missed Saturday’s 1-0 defeat to Norwich City with tonsillitis – has also been left back in Manchester despite returning to training on Monday. Paul Scholes and Ryan Giggs also miss out, while goalkeeper David De Gea has been given further time to recover after having his wisdom teeth removed last week.
The absentees mean Ferguson is able to blood some youngsters with the likes of Nick Powell, Josh King, David Petrucci, Tom Thorpe and Ryan Tunnicliffe all among the 21-man strong squad who travel to Istanbul.
However, United will be able to call upon some experienced names with Javier Hernandez, Michael Carrick, Darren Fletcher, Tom Cleverley, Rafael, Danny Welbeck, Anderson and Ashley Young all making the trip. Here is the official squad announced on ManUtd.com.
Squad: Johnstone, Lindegaard; Rafael, Buttner, Jones, Thorpe, Vermijl, Wootton; Carrick, Petrucci, Cole, Cleverley, Fletcher, Anderson, Powell, Young, Tunnicliffe; Hernandez, King, Welbeck, Macheda.
What would your line-up be for the game? Get involved in the comments section.