- Arsenal Playmaker Mesut Ozil Offers Positive Injury Update
- Man Utd Make Audacious €25m Offer For La Liga Midfielder But Man City Also Keen
- Liverpool Attacker A Doubt To Face Arsenal After Aggravating Injury
- Mourinho May Sanction Move As Liverpool Make Audacious Swoop For Chelsea Star
- Man Utd Handed Major Injury Boost Ahead Of Aston Villa Clash
- Oxlade-Chamberlain A Doubt For Liverpool Game As Arsenal’s Injury Crisis Deepens
Transfer News: Scouts Monitoring £24m-Rated Striker
Despite the transfer window being closed, there is always transfer gossip doing the rounds in the papers and we’ll keep you up-to-date with the latest news during the coming months. Today, interest mounts in Braga striker Eder.
The 24-year-old only moved to Braga in the summer from Academica and has enjoyed an excellent start to life at the club, scoring 6 goals in his first 7 appearances.
Clubs throughout Europe have been alerted to his impressive form with scouts regularly in attendance to run-the-rule over the 6ft 2inch striker. Among those showing interest are Arsenal and Liverpool, with talkSPORT claiming the Premier League duo have sent scouts to watch Eder on several occasions this season.
Arsenal are understood to be on the look-out for a forward this January with Arsene Wenger set to lose Gervinho and Marouane Chamakh to the African Cup of Nations, leaving him overly-reliant on Olivier Giroud up front.
Reds boss Brendan Rodgers is also in the market for a striker with Luis Suarez the only recognised striker in the first team squad after the summer departure of Andy Carroll and the long-term injury sustained by Fabio Borini.
However, the Portuguese international will not come cheap as he has a £24m buy-out clause in his contract and Braga are under no pressure to sell for anything less than that figure due to the player being tied to a long-term contract.
Is Eder the kind of striker Arsenal and Liverpool fans would like to see at their club? Get involved in the comments section.