- Liverpool Handed Major Injury Boost Ahead Of Man City Showdown
- England Squad Announced: Eric Dier Joins Man Utd & Liverpool Stars In 23-Man Squad
- Liverpool Receive Injury Boost As Attacker Eyes Swift Return From Surgery
- Major Injury Boost For Liverpool As Duo Take Part In Klopps First Training Session
- Klopp Finally Speaks Out Amid Reports He’s Set To Be Named New Liverpool Boss
- Liverpool Dealt Fresh Injury Blow: Star Faces 2 Months Out + Firmino Update
Transfer News: Scouts Monitoring £24m-Rated Striker
Despite the transfer window being closed, there is always transfer gossip doing the rounds in the papers and we’ll keep you up-to-date with the latest news during the coming months. Today, interest mounts in Braga striker Eder.
Arsenal and Liverpool are interested in Braga striker Eder and have sent scouts to watch highly-rated hitman, according to talkSPORT.
The 24-year-old only moved to Braga in the summer from Academica and has enjoyed an excellent start to life at the club, scoring 6 goals in his first 7 appearances.
Clubs throughout Europe have been alerted to his impressive form with scouts regularly in attendance to run-the-rule over the 6ft 2inch striker. Among those showing interest are Arsenal and Liverpool, with talkSPORT claiming the Premier League duo have sent scouts to watch Eder on several occasions this season.
Arsenal are understood to be on the look-out for a forward this January with Arsene Wenger set to lose Gervinho and Marouane Chamakh to the African Cup of Nations, leaving him overly-reliant on Olivier Giroud up front.
Reds boss Brendan Rodgers is also in the market for a striker with Luis Suarez the only recognised striker in the first team squad after the summer departure of Andy Carroll and the long-term injury sustained by Fabio Borini.
However, the Portuguese international will not come cheap as he has a £24m buy-out clause in his contract and Braga are under no pressure to sell for anything less than that figure due to the player being tied to a long-term contract.
Is Eder the kind of striker Arsenal and Liverpool fans would like to see at their club? Get involved in the comments section.