- Arsenal Ready To Battle Liverpool For Brazilian, Player Confirms Decision To Leave
- Arsenal Playmaker Mesut Ozil Offers Positive Injury Update
- Man Utd Make Audacious €25m Offer For La Liga Midfielder But Man City Also Keen
- Liverpool Attacker A Doubt To Face Arsenal After Aggravating Injury
- Mourinho May Sanction Move As Liverpool Make Audacious Swoop For Chelsea Star
- Man Utd Handed Major Injury Boost Ahead Of Aston Villa Clash
Man Utd Transfer News: £14m Dutchman Set For Summer Move?
Despite the transfer window being closed, there is always transfer gossip doing the rounds in the papers and we’ll keep you up-to-date with the latest news during the coming months. Today, Manchester United have been boosted in their pursuit of Kevin Strooman.
Manchester United have been boosted in their pursuit of Dutch midfielder Kevin Strooman with news that PSV are already lining up his replacement, according to talkSPORT.
Strooman has become one of the most highly-rated midfielders in the Eredivisie since moving to PSV from Utrecht in 2011, with the 22-year-old also breaking into the Dutch national team set-up and earned a place in their Euro 2012 squad.
United boss Sir Alex Ferguson has been monitoring the player for some time and weighed-up a move in the summer before deciding to spend his transfer budget on Shinji Kagawa and Robin van Persie instead.
However, central midfield has become a problem area for United this season and Fergie is ready to renew his interest in £14m-rated Strooman as he looks to add a midfield general to his squad.
PSV have been made aware of United’s growing interest in the player and while they will do all they can to hold on to him in January, it appears they are planning for his summer exit after identifying Elfsborg’s Oscar Hiljemark as his replacement.
Read more Man Utd transfer news
The Dutch outfit are ready to press ahead with a deal for the 20-year-old midfielder with a view to a summer transfer, leaving Strooman clear to make the move to Old Trafford.
Would United fans like to see Strooman at OT? Get involved in the comments section.