- Liverpool Handed Major Injury Boost Ahead Of Man City Showdown
- England Squad Announced: Eric Dier Joins Man Utd & Liverpool Stars In 23-Man Squad
- Liverpool Receive Injury Boost As Attacker Eyes Swift Return From Surgery
- Major Injury Boost For Liverpool As Duo Take Part In Klopps First Training Session
- Klopp Finally Speaks Out Amid Reports He’s Set To Be Named New Liverpool Boss
- Liverpool Dealt Fresh Injury Blow: Star Faces 2 Months Out + Firmino Update
Arsenal Transfer News: Midfielder Set For January Move
Despite the transfer window being closed, there is always transfer gossip doing the rounds in the papers and we’ll keep you up-to-date with the latest news during the coming months. Today, Andrey Arshavin looks set to leave Arsenal.
Russian outfit Zenit St Petersburg have offered Andrey Arshavin a way out of Arsenal this January, according to the Mirror.
The Gunners are wanting to cash in when the window re-opens rather than lose him for nothing when he’s out of contract in the summer, and former club Zenit have opened talks with the club about taking the 31-year-old back to his homeland.
Andrey is believed to be one of our top earners on £90,000-a-week so Arsene is keen to get his wages off the books as soon as possible, and a £3m deal is expected to be agreed between the two clubs with Zenit set to offer the player a two-and-a-half-year contract.
Read more Arsenal transfer news
On the whole, Arshavin has been a huge disappointment at Arsenal. He arrived at the Emirates in January 2009 for £12m and was superb during the second half of the season. I really thought we had a superstar in the making.
But his form and confidence have slowly declined to the point he’s now lucky to get a place on the bench and sadly i think his time in north London is up. He’s shown in patches that he still have the talent, but something’s missing and it’s best for both parties if he seals a move back to Zenit in January.
Do you think Arshavin should leave? Or does he still have something to offer? Get involved in the comments section.