- Arsenal & Man Utd Given Go-Ahead To Sign €40m Hitman
- Chelsea Team News: Mourinho Offers Injury Update On Fabregas & Luis
- Arsenal Or Man Utd? €25m Target Confirms When He’ll Choose New Club
- Arsenal Handed Blow As Alexis Sanchez Ruled Out Of Tottenham Clash
- Bolton vs Liverpool Preview, Team News, Likely Line-Up, Prediction & Betting Tips
- Arsenal Ready To Battle Liverpool For Brazilian, Player Confirms Decision To Leave
Liverpool Transfer News: Reds Scout £8m Midfielder
Despite the transfer window being closed, there is always transfer gossip doing the rounds in the papers and we’ll keep you up-to-date with the latest news during the coming months. Today, Liverpool are once again linked with Kevin Grosskreutz.
Liverpool have stepped up their interest in Borussia Dortmund winger Kevin Grosskreutz after sending scouts to watch him in action last week, according to the Mirror.
The German international is expected to leave Dortmund in the summer and the Reds have been strongly linked with a move in recent months.
Brendan Rodgers is keen to strengthen his squad, particularly in the attacking third, but must do so on a shoe-string budget and the North Irishman has identified Grosskreutz as a potential recruit.
The 24-year-old will enter the final year of his contract next summer and has indicated he wont be signing an extension, and Dortmund are likely to sell for around £8m rather than lose him for nothing 12 months later.
Grosskreutz has recently admitted he would like to try his luck in the Premier League when he does leave the Bundesliga.
“The Premier League will be my first choice. I really like English football.”
Grosskreutz is quoted as saying by the Mirror.
Liverpool once again sent scouts to watch the midfielder in action during Dortmund’s 4-1 Champions League win over Ajax last week.
Should Rodgers lure him to Merseyside, Grosskreutz will follow former team-mate Nuri Sahin to Anfield after the Turkish international joined on a season-long loan deal from Real Madrid.
Would you like to see Grosskreutz at Liverpool? Get involved in the comments section.