- Liverpool Handed Major Injury Boost Ahead Of Man City Showdown
- England Squad Announced: Eric Dier Joins Man Utd & Liverpool Stars In 23-Man Squad
- Liverpool Receive Injury Boost As Attacker Eyes Swift Return From Surgery
- Major Injury Boost For Liverpool As Duo Take Part In Klopps First Training Session
- Klopp Finally Speaks Out Amid Reports He’s Set To Be Named New Liverpool Boss
- Liverpool Dealt Fresh Injury Blow: Star Faces 2 Months Out + Firmino Update
Liverpool Transfer News: Reds Scout £8m Midfielder
Despite the transfer window being closed, there is always transfer gossip doing the rounds in the papers and we’ll keep you up-to-date with the latest news during the coming months. Today, Liverpool are once again linked with Kevin Grosskreutz.
Liverpool have stepped up their interest in Borussia Dortmund winger Kevin Grosskreutz after sending scouts to watch him in action last week, according to the Mirror.
The German international is expected to leave Dortmund in the summer and the Reds have been strongly linked with a move in recent months.
Brendan Rodgers is keen to strengthen his squad, particularly in the attacking third, but must do so on a shoe-string budget and the North Irishman has identified Grosskreutz as a potential recruit.
The 24-year-old will enter the final year of his contract next summer and has indicated he wont be signing an extension, and Dortmund are likely to sell for around £8m rather than lose him for nothing 12 months later.
Grosskreutz has recently admitted he would like to try his luck in the Premier League when he does leave the Bundesliga.
“The Premier League will be my first choice. I really like English football.”
Grosskreutz is quoted as saying by the Mirror.
Liverpool once again sent scouts to watch the midfielder in action during Dortmund’s 4-1 Champions League win over Ajax last week.
Should Rodgers lure him to Merseyside, Grosskreutz will follow former team-mate Nuri Sahin to Anfield after the Turkish international joined on a season-long loan deal from Real Madrid.
Would you like to see Grosskreutz at Liverpool? Get involved in the comments section.