- Liverpool Handed Major Injury Boost Ahead Of Man City Showdown
- England Squad Announced: Eric Dier Joins Man Utd & Liverpool Stars In 23-Man Squad
- Liverpool Receive Injury Boost As Attacker Eyes Swift Return From Surgery
- Major Injury Boost For Liverpool As Duo Take Part In Klopps First Training Session
- Klopp Finally Speaks Out Amid Reports He’s Set To Be Named New Liverpool Boss
- Liverpool Dealt Fresh Injury Blow: Star Faces 2 Months Out + Firmino Update
Man Utd Transfer News: Fergie To Renew Interest In £12m Midfielder
Despite the transfer window being closed, there is always transfer gossip doing the rounds in the papers and we’ll keep you up-to-date with the latest news during the coming months. Today, Manchester United are linked with Adel Taarabt.
Manchester United manager Sir Alex Ferguson is set to renew his interest in Queens Park Rangers midfielder Adel Taarabt and is lining up a shock £12m January bid, the Telegraph are reporting today.
United boss Sir Alex Ferguson has been a long-term admirer of the Moroccan’s and may try and tempt QPR to cash in when the window re-opens to provide new boss Harry Redknapp with much-needed funds to re-build his squad.
Redknapp has been warned he will have limited funds to work with in January as he targets a striker and a central defender and he may have to rely on the loan market if he can’t generate his own kitty through sales.
The former Tottenham boss indicated on Monday that he wanted to hang on to Taarabt but warned the midfielder he would have to work harder to keep his place in the side. Redknapp has had a frosty relationship with the 23-year-old in the past, calling him a “fruitcake” before selling him to QPR when the pair were at Tottenham.
So he may be tempted to sell if the right offer comes in order to raise funds for his own transfer dealings, with QPR valuing the player at around £15m.
Read more Man Utd transfer news
Fergie has shown interest in Taarabt in the past and was close to making a move when QPR were promoted from the Championship in 2010. He has continued to monitor his progress in the Premier League and the Telegraph claim United are now readying a £12m move when the transfer window re-opens in January.
Would United fans like to see Taarabt at Old Trafford? Get involved in the comments section.