- Liverpool Handed Major Injury Boost Ahead Of Man City Showdown
- England Squad Announced: Eric Dier Joins Man Utd & Liverpool Stars In 23-Man Squad
- Liverpool Receive Injury Boost As Attacker Eyes Swift Return From Surgery
- Major Injury Boost For Liverpool As Duo Take Part In Klopps First Training Session
- Klopp Finally Speaks Out Amid Reports He’s Set To Be Named New Liverpool Boss
- Liverpool Dealt Fresh Injury Blow: Star Faces 2 Months Out + Firmino Update
Wenger Confirms Interest In Signing ‘Top’ Players This January
Despite the transfer window being closed, there is always transfer gossip doing the rounds in the papers and we’ll keep you up-to-date with the latest news during the coming months. Today, Arsene Wenger confirms he’s only interested in ‘top, top, top’ player this January.
Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger has confirmed he’s in the market for new talent this January, but is only interested in signing ‘top, top, top’ players.
We’ve endured our worst start league for over 30 years and understandably many Gooners have been calling for the boss to strengthen the squad when the window re-opens in January.
Well the good news is that Wenger has confirmed he’ll be in the market this winter, but the bad news is he’s given us the “top, top, top” player line he’s given us many times before. Speaking to Arsenal.com, Arsene said:
“We have a good squad, I believe that these players have a fantastic attitude,” he said. “They deserve success and they will have success.
“We will be on the market if we find the real top, top, top player, we will be on the market. We have no fixed number, we look just at quality.”
Looking to add quality players is great, but when he’s signed the likes of Chamakh, Squillaci and Santos in recent transfer windows, you begin to wonder what Arsene considers a ‘top, top, top’ players these days.
Read more Arsenal transfer news
A striker and a defensive midfielder is the minimum I’d like to see come in. Many names have been linked but the two stand-out forwards who seem to be available are Llorente and Huntelaar. Either would be an excellent signing and improve our striking options no end, and even Arsene must consider them as ‘top’ quality?!
Who would you like Arsenal to sign this January? Get involved in the comments section.