- Klopp Finally Speaks Out Amid Reports He’s Set To Be Named New Liverpool Boss
- Liverpool Dealt Fresh Injury Blow: Star Faces 2 Months Out + Firmino Update
- Man Utd Plotting £90m Move For 321 Goal Super-Star
- Key Man Ruled Out As Man Utd Announce 20-Man Squad For PSV Game
- Chelsea Dealt Blow As Key Man Suffers Injury Ahead Of Everton Trip
- Madrid Chief: Arsenal Target Was Among 4 Players Man Utd Tried To Sign This Summer
Chelsea Injury Update: Terry, Sturridge & More…
Chelsea welcome West London neighbours Fulham to Stamford Bridge on Wednesday night and boss Rafa Benitez has given an injury update ahead of the game.
The Blues new manager gave the latest on Daniel Sturridge, John Terry and Frank Lampard as well confirming some players have a ‘few knocks’ that will be assessed before the game.
Daniel Sturridge remains out after missing Sunday’s 0-0 draw with Man City, while captain John Terry is also on the sidelines with a knee injury picked up three weeks ago against Liverpool. There has been talk that Terry is pushing for a recall earlier than expected but Benitez refused to give a comeback date for the defender.
Midfielder Lampard has been out for several weeks with a calf injury but he is training again and working hard to return to fitness. Speaking to Chelsea’s official website, Benitez said:
‘Still [Daniel] Sturridge, [John]Terry and [Frank] Lampard are not available,’
‘They are doing well, training with the physios and improving, but we don’t have a fixed date for any of them. The rest of the players are fine, there are a few knocks which I need to check tomorrow but apart from that they are all okay.’
We’ll have a full match preview including predicted line-ups and final score later. What would be your starting line-up to face Fulham? Get involved in the comments section.