- Man City vs Arsenal: Statistical Preview, Form Guide, Injury News & Head-To-Head
- Chelsea Lining-Up Fresh Bid For Wayne Rooney After United Snub Contract Talks
- Arsenal Could Finally Land Benzema As Madrid Line-Up £45m Suarez Bid
- [Player Ratings] Sunderland 3-4 Chelsea: Hazard Blitzes Black Cats In Thriller
- Arsenal Fail With €8m Bid For Brazilian Striker
- Arsenal Receive Huge Double Injury Boost
Chelsea Injury Update: Terry, Sturridge & More…
Chelsea welcome West London neighbours Fulham to Stamford Bridge on Wednesday night and boss Rafa Benitez has given an injury update ahead of the game.
The Blues new manager gave the latest on Daniel Sturridge, John Terry and Frank Lampard as well confirming some players have a ‘few knocks’ that will be assessed before the game.
Daniel Sturridge remains out after missing Sunday’s 0-0 draw with Man City, while captain John Terry is also on the sidelines with a knee injury picked up three weeks ago against Liverpool. There has been talk that Terry is pushing for a recall earlier than expected but Benitez refused to give a comeback date for the defender.
Midfielder Lampard has been out for several weeks with a calf injury but he is training again and working hard to return to fitness. Speaking to Chelsea’s official website, Benitez said:
‘Still [Daniel] Sturridge, [John]Terry and [Frank] Lampard are not available,’
‘They are doing well, training with the physios and improving, but we don’t have a fixed date for any of them. The rest of the players are fine, there are a few knocks which I need to check tomorrow but apart from that they are all okay.’
We’ll have a full match preview including predicted line-ups and final score later. What would be your starting line-up to face Fulham? Get involved in the comments section.