- Klopp Finally Speaks Out Amid Reports He’s Set To Be Named New Liverpool Boss
- Liverpool Dealt Fresh Injury Blow: Star Faces 2 Months Out + Firmino Update
- Man Utd Plotting £90m Move For 321 Goal Super-Star
- Key Man Ruled Out As Man Utd Announce 20-Man Squad For PSV Game
- Chelsea Dealt Blow As Key Man Suffers Injury Ahead Of Everton Trip
- Madrid Chief: Arsenal Target Was Among 4 Players Man Utd Tried To Sign This Summer
Liverpool Injury Update: Leiva & Wisdom
Liverpool travel south to take on Tottenham Hotspur at White Hart Lane on Wednesday night and Brendan Rodgers has given an injury update ahead of the game.
The Reds go into the game off the back of Sunday’s 0-0 draw with Swansea and Rodgers will be hoping for all three points against Spurs to lift his side from their current 11th place standing in the Premier League.
A major injury concern for the match was Andre Wisdom but Rodgers has confirmed the defender is fit and available again after recovering from a knee problem.
Liverpool’s squad is slowly taking shape with only Martin Kelly and Fabio Borini on the treatment table and Rodgers is pleased to be getting his players back to full fitness. The Anfield boss told Liverpool’s official website:
“The squad is fine. Andre Wisdom will be back and available, which is good.
“Piece by piece we’re getting there and the squad is looking strong.
“The most important thing at this stage is the mindset of the players. They’re really focused on their job and we’re looking forward to the game immensely.”
The Northern Irishman also confirmed that long-term injury victim Lucas Leiva won’t be in contention despite playing for an hour for the under 21′s on Friday. When asked about if the Brazilian was in the squad, Rodgers said:
“He won’t be involved.”
What would be your starting line-up to face Tottenham? Get involved in the comments section.