- Arsenal Boost – Star Set To Make Injury Return This Weekend
- Arsene Wenger Offers Positive Injury Update On Alexis Sanchez
- Liverpool Dealt Fresh Injury Blow As Star Ruled Out Until 2016
- Liverpool Handed Major Injury Boost Ahead Of Man City Showdown
- England Squad Announced: Eric Dier Joins Man Utd & Liverpool Stars In 23-Man Squad
- Liverpool Receive Injury Boost As Attacker Eyes Swift Return From Surgery
Liverpool Injury Update: Leiva & Wisdom
Liverpool travel south to take on Tottenham Hotspur at White Hart Lane on Wednesday night and Brendan Rodgers has given an injury update ahead of the game.
The Reds go into the game off the back of Sunday’s 0-0 draw with Swansea and Rodgers will be hoping for all three points against Spurs to lift his side from their current 11th place standing in the Premier League.
A major injury concern for the match was Andre Wisdom but Rodgers has confirmed the defender is fit and available again after recovering from a knee problem.
Liverpool’s squad is slowly taking shape with only Martin Kelly and Fabio Borini on the treatment table and Rodgers is pleased to be getting his players back to full fitness. The Anfield boss told Liverpool’s official website:
“The squad is fine. Andre Wisdom will be back and available, which is good.
“Piece by piece we’re getting there and the squad is looking strong.
“The most important thing at this stage is the mindset of the players. They’re really focused on their job and we’re looking forward to the game immensely.”
The Northern Irishman also confirmed that long-term injury victim Lucas Leiva won’t be in contention despite playing for an hour for the under 21′s on Friday. When asked about if the Brazilian was in the squad, Rodgers said:
“He won’t be involved.”
What would be your starting line-up to face Tottenham? Get involved in the comments section.