- Blues Ready To Battle Arsenal & Man Utd For £52m-Rated Duo
- Chelsea Eye Swoop On Liverpool After Midfielder Rejects New £80k Deal
- Man Utd Ready To Hijack Arsenal’s Bid To Land €17m German Star
- Double Injury Boost For Arsenal Ahead Of QPR Game
- Arsenal & Man Utd Given Go-Ahead To Sign €40m Hitman
- Chelsea Team News: Mourinho Offers Injury Update On Fabregas & Luis
United Invite Highly-Rated Defender For Tour Ahead Of £9m Move
Despite the transfer window being closed, there is always transfer gossip doing the rounds in the papers and we’ll keep you up-to-date with the latest news during the coming months. Today, Man Utd linked with Kurt Zouma.
Manchester United are hoping to beat rivals Manchester City to the signature of highly-rated defender Kurt Zouma by giving him the VIP treatment, according to the Mirror.
The 18-year-old centre back has become one of Europe’s most promising defenders after breaking into the Saint-Etienne team last season, and the likes of United and City have been strongly linked with a move.
Sir Alex Ferguson is now planning to roll out the red carpet to Zouma in a bid to seal a £9m deal ahead of their rivals, and have invited the youngster to watch a United game an take a tour of the club’s facilities.
United have been decimated by injuries at centre-back in recent seasons and with Rio Ferdinand’s future in limbo and doubts over the long-term fitness of Nemanja Vidic due to a series of knee injuries, Fergie is keen to bring in Zouma to strengthen his options at the back.
However, Man City are unlikely to give up without a fight and news of United’s move will no doubt push the Premier League champions into action with a proposal of their own.