- Jurgen Klopp Rules Out Replacing Sacked David Moyes At Man Utd
- Theo Walcott Offers Positive Injury Update
- Arsenal ‘Working’ On Deal To Re-Sign Unsettled Van Persie
- Chelsea Offered Tempting Diego Costa + £8m Swap Deal In Exchange For Courtois
- Cavani Agent In London For Talks Over Potential £54m Summer Move
- Chelsea Trying To Hijack Liverpool’s Salah Move After Submitting £10m Bid
Transfer News: £30m Clause Sparks Renewed Interest In German Playmaker
Despite the transfer window being closed, there is always transfer gossip doing the rounds in the papers and we’ll keep you up-to-date with the latest news during the coming months. Today, Arsenal and Man Utd are once again linked with Mario Gotze.
The 20-year-old came through the Dortmund youth system and has become one of the most sought-after youngsters in Europe after helping the German outfit to successive Bundesliga titles.
His form has attracted interest from some of Europe’s top clubs, with Arsenal and Manchester United strongly linked with a move in the previous two transfer windows.
Gotze has so far resisted the temptation to make a big-money move and signed a new contract in March tying him to the club until 2016. However, the Premier League duo have been alerted to the news that he inserted a £30m buy-out clause into the deal.
The clause expires in July 2013 and interested parties must submit the £30m offer in writing before the end of April 2013 in order to trigger a deal.
The buy-out clause is sure to tempt Arsene Wenger and Sir Alex Ferguson into making an official move over the next few months, with both managers huge fans of the highly-rated German international. But they will no doubt face stiff competition from throughout Europe, with the likes of Real Madrid and Bayern Munich also monitoring Gotze’s progress.
Would you like Gotze at your club? Get involved in the comments section.