- Liverpool Handed Major Injury Boost Ahead Of Man City Showdown
- England Squad Announced: Eric Dier Joins Man Utd & Liverpool Stars In 23-Man Squad
- Liverpool Receive Injury Boost As Attacker Eyes Swift Return From Surgery
- Major Injury Boost For Liverpool As Duo Take Part In Klopps First Training Session
- Klopp Finally Speaks Out Amid Reports He’s Set To Be Named New Liverpool Boss
- Liverpool Dealt Fresh Injury Blow: Star Faces 2 Months Out + Firmino Update
Fergie Contacts Madrid Over Unsettled Playmaker
Despite the transfer window being closed, there is always transfer gossip doing the rounds in the papers and we’ll keep you up-to-date with the latest news during the coming months. Today, Man Utd are linked with Mesut Ozil.
Manchester United are set to renew their interest in Mesut Ozil after it emerged the playmaker is unsettled at Real Madrid, according to the Sun.
The 24-year-old joined Madrid from Werder Bremen two years ago but after a promising start to life in Spain, he’s found himself down the pecking order this season following the arrival of Luka Modric from Tottenham in the summer.
The German international is understood to be increasingly unhappy with his situation at the Bernabeu and is ready to consider his future if things don’t change soon.
Manchester United were linked with Ozil before he joined Real in 2010 and Sir Alex Ferguson has contacted the Spanish giants and asked to be kept informed of any developments, making it clear he would be interested should the midfielder become available.
Ferguson is still looking to find a long-term replacement for 38-year-old Paul Scholes – who is likely to retire at the end of the season – after missing out on Eden Hazard and Lucas Moura in the summer.
Read more Man Utd transfer news
However, it would take an offer in the region of £24m to land Ozil should Madrid decide to sell, and the Manchester club would have to match the players £110,000-a-week wage demands.