- Arsenal Willing To Break Transfer Record To Sign Attacker Ahead Of Liverpool
- Arsenal Eye Audacious Move For Key Barcelona Midfielder
- Man Utd Boss Confirms He’ll Buy Attacker & Responds To Reported Ronaldo Interest
- World Class Striker Drops Huge Hint Over Manchester United Move
- Man Utd In Advanced Talks To Sign Chelsea & Liverpool Target, Deal Expected Soon
- Man Utd To Table Formal Bid For £35m-Rated Chelsea Target After Talks With Agent
Wenger: RVP Still Texts Me & Watches Arsenal Games
Arsene Wenger has revealed he still keeps in contact with former captain Robin van Persie and claims the Dutchman still watches Arsenal matches, according to the Daily Mail.
The Gunners boss signed van Persie from Feyenoord in 2004 and nurtured his raw talent to make him one of the best strikers in the world, with the 29-year-old netting an impressive 37 goals in 48 games to help guide Arsenal to a third-place finish last season.
However, despite his goals, the Gunners ended the season trophy-less for the seventh consecutive year and with only 12 months remaining on his contract, van Persie couldn’t be convinced to commit his future to north London and eventually signed for Manchester United in a £24m deal.
The move left a bitter taste in many Arsenal fans’ mouths, but Wenger has revealed the Dutch hitman still keeps in touch via text and claims he still watches Arsenal games.
‘He texts me sometimes, We keep in touch. He tells me he still watches Arsenal games.’
Wenger is quoted as saying in the Daily Mail
What do you think of Van Persie keeping in touch with Wenger and still watching Arsenal games? Get involved in the comments section.