- [Photos] Welbeck Poses In Arsenal Shirt After Completing £16m Move From Man Utd
- [Photos] Lazar Markovic Poses In Liverpool Kit After Completing €25m Move
- Chelsea Confirm Signing Of €40m Costa On Five-Year Contract
- [Photo] Fabregas Poses In Chelsea Shirt After Sealing Move + Confirms Arsenal Snub
- Agent Confirms Talks With Arsenal + Man Utd Over €37m Ace
- Chelsea Agree €40m Deal For Spanish Hot-Shot
Brazilian Striker Poised For £10m Chelsea Move After Visit To The Bridge
Despite the transfer window being closed, there is always transfer gossip doing the rounds in the papers and we’ll keep you up-to-date with the latest news during the coming months. Today, Chelsea line-up Taison as Torres replacement.
Roman Abramovich is understood to have given £50m flop Torres a month to rediscover his form or he faces the chop, with Metalist Kharkiv striker Taison ready to step in if the Spaniard continues to struggle in front of goal.
Chelsea have been toothless in the final third in recent weeks, with Torres only contributing 4 goals in 14 games so far this season and hasn’t found the target in 648 minutes of Premier League action.
Rafa Benitez is confident he can get the best out of Torres again and has introduced new training regimes designed specifically to try and get the best out of him, but Blues officials have indicated the former Liverpool man will be under increasing pressure in the New Year if his form doesn’t improve.
The man the European Champions have identified to solve their striking problems is Brazilian Taison, and he was in the stands to watch Chelsea’s 0-0 draw with Fulham on Wednesday ahead of a £10m move – which could be sealed as early as next week before joining his new team mates in January.
Read more Chelsea transfer news
The 24-year-old is a former Internacional team-mate of Blues midfielder Oscar, and was linked with a move to Stamford Bridge in the summer.
Would you like to see Torres replaced by Taison? Get involved in the comments section.