- Arsenal Playmaker Mesut Ozil Offers Positive Injury Update
- Man Utd Make Audacious €25m Offer For La Liga Midfielder But Man City Also Keen
- Liverpool Attacker A Doubt To Face Arsenal After Aggravating Injury
- Mourinho May Sanction Move As Liverpool Make Audacious Swoop For Chelsea Star
- Man Utd Handed Major Injury Boost Ahead Of Aston Villa Clash
- Oxlade-Chamberlain A Doubt For Liverpool Game As Arsenal’s Injury Crisis Deepens
Zaha Talks Underway As United Look To Beat Arsenal To £20m-Rated Attacker
Despite the transfer window being closed, there is always transfer gossip doing the rounds in the papers and we’ll keep you up-to-date with the latest news during the coming months. Today, Man Utd look to beat Arsenal and Tottenham to Wilfried Zaha.
The 20-year-old is one of the most sought-after youngsters in Europe with the likes of Man Utd, Arsenal and Spurs all vying for his services. Despite the intense speculation over his future, Palace have insisted they have no intention of selling their star asset as they see him as an important part of their push for promotion to the Premier League.
However, the Mirror claim that United are looking to beat the competition to his signature and have already opened talks with the Championship high-flyers.
United’s proposal is to buy the player outright in January then loan him back to Palace for the rest of the season. While the South Londoners would prefer to hang on to Zaha, they would be more inclined to do a deal if they would be guaranteed his services for the rest of the season.
The Red Devils are unwilling to meet Palace’s £20m asking price but is hoping the fact they are willing to send Zaha back on loan will work in their favour during negotiations.
Sir Alex Ferguson would prefer to have the player in his squad to help United in the second half of the season but has agreed to send him back to Selhurst Park on loan if it means beating Arsenal and Tottenham to his signature.
Would you like Zaha at your club? Get involved in the comments section below.