- Arsenal Boost – Star Set To Make Injury Return This Weekend
- Arsene Wenger Offers Positive Injury Update On Alexis Sanchez
- Liverpool Dealt Fresh Injury Blow As Star Ruled Out Until 2016
- Liverpool Handed Major Injury Boost Ahead Of Man City Showdown
- England Squad Announced: Eric Dier Joins Man Utd & Liverpool Stars In 23-Man Squad
- Liverpool Receive Injury Boost As Attacker Eyes Swift Return From Surgery
Liverpool Transfer News: ROI Striker Interested In £12m Reds Move
Despite the transfer window being closed, there is always transfer gossip doing the rounds in the papers and we’ll keep you up-to-date with the latest news during the coming months. Today, Liverpool are linked with Shane Long.
Shane Long would be interested in a move to Liverpool with Brendan Rodgers understood to be lining up a £12m January bid, according to the Daily Mail.
Reds boss Rodgers is desperate to add to his strike-force when the transfer window re-opens in the New Year after being left heavily-reliant on Luis Suarez for goals during the first half of the season.
The Northern Irishman has confirmed funds will be made available to strengthen his squad with and the Mail claim he has identified West Brom striker Long as a potential target.
Rodgers worked with Long during the pairs time with Reading and it’s understood the Republic of Ireland international would be interested in linking-up with him once again at Anfield.
The 25-year-old moved to the Hawthorns in 2011 for £6.5m and has a contract with WBA that runs until 2015. The Midlands club do not want to lose the striker but Liverpool are ready to test their resolve with a £12m bid next month.
Read more Liverpool transfer news
Long has been in excellent form for the Premier League’s surprise package this season, scoring five goals to help the Baggies into fifth place in the league table, above the likes of Arsenal, Everton and Liverpool.
Would Liverpool fans like to see Long at Anfield? Get involved in the comments section below.