- Arsenal Willing To Break Transfer Record To Sign Attacker Ahead Of Liverpool
- Arsenal Eye Audacious Move For Key Barcelona Midfielder
- Man Utd Boss Confirms He’ll Buy Attacker & Responds To Reported Ronaldo Interest
- World Class Striker Drops Huge Hint Over Manchester United Move
- Man Utd In Advanced Talks To Sign Chelsea & Liverpool Target, Deal Expected Soon
- Man Utd To Table Formal Bid For £35m-Rated Chelsea Target After Talks With Agent
Liverpool Transfer News: ROI Striker Interested In £12m Reds Move
Despite the transfer window being closed, there is always transfer gossip doing the rounds in the papers and we’ll keep you up-to-date with the latest news during the coming months. Today, Liverpool are linked with Shane Long.
Shane Long would be interested in a move to Liverpool with Brendan Rodgers understood to be lining up a £12m January bid, according to the Daily Mail.
Reds boss Rodgers is desperate to add to his strike-force when the transfer window re-opens in the New Year after being left heavily-reliant on Luis Suarez for goals during the first half of the season.
The Northern Irishman has confirmed funds will be made available to strengthen his squad with and the Mail claim he has identified West Brom striker Long as a potential target.
Rodgers worked with Long during the pairs time with Reading and it’s understood the Republic of Ireland international would be interested in linking-up with him once again at Anfield.
The 25-year-old moved to the Hawthorns in 2011 for £6.5m and has a contract with WBA that runs until 2015. The Midlands club do not want to lose the striker but Liverpool are ready to test their resolve with a £12m bid next month.
Read more Liverpool transfer news
Long has been in excellent form for the Premier League’s surprise package this season, scoring five goals to help the Baggies into fifth place in the league table, above the likes of Arsenal, Everton and Liverpool.
Would Liverpool fans like to see Long at Anfield? Get involved in the comments section below.