- Real Madrid Accept Arsenal’s £48m Bid For Karim Benzema
- Arsenal To Submit £21m Bid For Bundesliga Attacker
- Manchester United Make Enquiry For 31-Goal Striker
- Man Utd Agree £22.3m Attacker Deal, Player Likely To Arrive Next Week
- Arsenal Star In Battle To Face Liverpool After Suffering Fresh Injury Blow
- Adidas Pushing For Deal As Man Utd Plot World Record Move For La Liga Attacker
Chelsea Transfer News: Blues To Renew Hamsik Interest
Despite the transfer window being closed, there is always transfer gossip doing the rounds in the papers and we’ll keep you up-to-date with the latest news during the coming months. Today, Chelsea are linked with Marek Hamsik.
Chelsea will renew their interest in Napoli playmaker Marek Hamsik when the transfer window opens in January, according to the Daily Express.
The European champions have held a long-running interest in the Slovakian and were linked with a move in the summer before Hamsik committed his future to Napoli.
The Blues are also tracking the 25-year-old’s team-mate Edinson Cavani but the Uruguayan hitman may be out of reach, so Hamsik is seen as a more realistic option.
Hamsik is a creative midfielder who has been an important part of Napoli’s success in recent seasons, scoring 66 goals and bagging 42 assists in his 235 appearances for the club, but he may be ready to move on after nearly six years at the club.
Chelsea owner Roman Abramovich is ready to open the cheque-book once again next month as he looks to save his club’s flagging season, and will try and lure Hamsik to West London.
Read more Chelsea transfer news
Should he complete a move to Stamford Bridge, he would face stiff competition to get into the Chelsea midfield having to contend with the likes of Juan Mata, Oscar and Eden Hazard for a starting spot.
Would Chelsea fans like Hamsik at Stamford Bridge? Get involved in the comments section below.