- Real Madrid Accept Arsenal’s £48m Bid For Karim Benzema
- Arsenal To Submit £21m Bid For Bundesliga Attacker
- Manchester United Make Enquiry For 31-Goal Striker
- Man Utd Agree £22.3m Attacker Deal, Player Likely To Arrive Next Week
- Arsenal Star In Battle To Face Liverpool After Suffering Fresh Injury Blow
- Adidas Pushing For Deal As Man Utd Plot World Record Move For La Liga Attacker
Fabio Borini Gives Injury Update
Liverpool striker Fabio Borini has given an update on his recovery from an ankle injury and claims he’s working hard to find his way back to full fitness.
Borini signed for Liverpool in the summer from Roma but only managed 5 league appearances before suffering a fracture in his foot while away on international duty with Italy in October.
The injury ruled him out for several months but the 21-year-old has told Liverpoolfc.com that he’s working hard to maintain his fitness while he’s on the sidelines and revealed he’s due to see his surgeon on boxing day to decide whether the screws in his foot are able to be taken out.
“I’m quite good now – working hard every day,”
“The foot is very good and on Monday I see the surgeon to sort out the screws and see if they are taken out or not. On 26 December, I’ll be back in Liverpool.
“I feel strong, I’m working a lot on the other muscles. I’ll start working on my ankle and foot, which is better, and my calf is a lot better. The foot always responds very well so that’s confident.”
Borini was forced to watch from the stands as Liverpool secured a place in the knockout stages of the Europa League with a 1-0 win away at Udinese on Thursday night, but the Reds official website claims the striker is confident he’ll be back in time to take part when the competition gets back under way in February.
How much have Liverpool missed Borini? Get involved in the comments section.