- Klopp Finally Speaks Out Amid Reports He’s Set To Be Named New Liverpool Boss
- Liverpool Dealt Fresh Injury Blow: Star Faces 2 Months Out + Firmino Update
- Man Utd Plotting £90m Move For 321 Goal Super-Star
- Key Man Ruled Out As Man Utd Announce 20-Man Squad For PSV Game
- Chelsea Dealt Blow As Key Man Suffers Injury Ahead Of Everton Trip
- Madrid Chief: Arsenal Target Was Among 4 Players Man Utd Tried To Sign This Summer
Fabio Borini Gives Injury Update
Liverpool striker Fabio Borini has given an update on his recovery from an ankle injury and claims he’s working hard to find his way back to full fitness.
Borini signed for Liverpool in the summer from Roma but only managed 5 league appearances before suffering a fracture in his foot while away on international duty with Italy in October.
The injury ruled him out for several months but the 21-year-old has told Liverpoolfc.com that he’s working hard to maintain his fitness while he’s on the sidelines and revealed he’s due to see his surgeon on boxing day to decide whether the screws in his foot are able to be taken out.
“I’m quite good now – working hard every day,”
“The foot is very good and on Monday I see the surgeon to sort out the screws and see if they are taken out or not. On 26 December, I’ll be back in Liverpool.
“I feel strong, I’m working a lot on the other muscles. I’ll start working on my ankle and foot, which is better, and my calf is a lot better. The foot always responds very well so that’s confident.”
Borini was forced to watch from the stands as Liverpool secured a place in the knockout stages of the Europa League with a 1-0 win away at Udinese on Thursday night, but the Reds official website claims the striker is confident he’ll be back in time to take part when the competition gets back under way in February.
How much have Liverpool missed Borini? Get involved in the comments section.