- [Photos & Video] Player All Smiles In Chelsea Shirt After Completing £34m Move
- [Photo] Moussa Sissoko Poses With Tottenham Shirt After Completing £30m Move
- [Photos] Jack Wilshere All Smiles After Completing Move Away From Arsenal
- Liverpool Transfer News: £20m Bid Rejected | Defender Told To Leave On Loan
- Arsenal Agree To Let Wilshere Leave Following Crunch Talks With Wenger
- Liverpool Steal March On Man Utd After Tabling £30m Offer For Brazilian Forward
Fabio Borini Gives Injury Update
Liverpool striker Fabio Borini has given an update on his recovery from an ankle injury and claims he’s working hard to find his way back to full fitness.
Borini signed for Liverpool in the summer from Roma but only managed 5 league appearances before suffering a fracture in his foot while away on international duty with Italy in October.
The injury ruled him out for several months but the 21-year-old has told Liverpoolfc.com that he’s working hard to maintain his fitness while he’s on the sidelines and revealed he’s due to see his surgeon on boxing day to decide whether the screws in his foot are able to be taken out.
“I’m quite good now – working hard every day,”
“The foot is very good and on Monday I see the surgeon to sort out the screws and see if they are taken out or not. On 26 December, I’ll be back in Liverpool.
“I feel strong, I’m working a lot on the other muscles. I’ll start working on my ankle and foot, which is better, and my calf is a lot better. The foot always responds very well so that’s confident.”
Borini was forced to watch from the stands as Liverpool secured a place in the knockout stages of the Europa League with a 1-0 win away at Udinese on Thursday night, but the Reds official website claims the striker is confident he’ll be back in time to take part when the competition gets back under way in February.
How much have Liverpool missed Borini? Get involved in the comments section.