- Liverpool Handed Major Injury Boost Ahead Of Man City Showdown
- England Squad Announced: Eric Dier Joins Man Utd & Liverpool Stars In 23-Man Squad
- Liverpool Receive Injury Boost As Attacker Eyes Swift Return From Surgery
- Major Injury Boost For Liverpool As Duo Take Part In Klopps First Training Session
- Klopp Finally Speaks Out Amid Reports He’s Set To Be Named New Liverpool Boss
- Liverpool Dealt Fresh Injury Blow: Star Faces 2 Months Out + Firmino Update
Arsenal Close In On Dutch Striker
Despite the transfer window being closed, there is always transfer gossip doing the rounds in the papers and we’ll keep you up-to-date with the latest news during the coming months. Today, more on Arsenal’s move for Klaas-Jan Huntelaar.
Arsenal are close to agreeing a deal that would see Schalke striker Klaas-Jan Huntelaar move to the Emirates in January, according to the Metro.
The free-scoring Dutchman has made a name for himself as being one of the most prolific striker’s in Europe, with career stats of 258 goals in 398 games is testament to that, and he’s continued to add to his reputation with 58 goals in his last 68 Bundesliga games for the German outfit.
The report states the 29-year-old is out of contract at the end of the season and has so far been unable to agree terms over an extension, meaning he is free to sign a pre-contract agreement with a foreign club in just a few weeks time.
However, the Metro are reporting that Huntelaar is ‘poised to join Arsenal’ in January with the player said to be keen on a move to the Premier League and Gunners boss Arsene Wenger is prepared to pay Schalke around £4m to bring him to north London when the transfer window re-opens next month.
Read more Arsenal transfer news
Huntelaar would be an excellent signing should we manage to pull this one off. We saw first hand how devastating he can be in front of goal as he netted in both Champions League games against us this season.
While Olivier Giroud is adapting well and always puts a shift in up front, I think it’s safe to say we need to add another striker to the squad next month and if Huntelaar is available, we shouldn’t hesitate. Get the deal done Arsene!
Would you like to see Huntelaar signed next month? Get involved in the comments section.