- Arsenal Ready To Battle Liverpool For Brazilian, Player Confirms Decision To Leave
- Arsenal Playmaker Mesut Ozil Offers Positive Injury Update
- Man Utd Make Audacious €25m Offer For La Liga Midfielder But Man City Also Keen
- Liverpool Attacker A Doubt To Face Arsenal After Aggravating Injury
- Mourinho May Sanction Move As Liverpool Make Audacious Swoop For Chelsea Star
- Man Utd Handed Major Injury Boost Ahead Of Aston Villa Clash
Transfer News: Chelsea Beat Rivals To Serbian Attacker?
Despite the transfer window being closed, there is always transfer gossip doing the rounds in the papers and we’ll keep you up-to-date with the latest news during the coming months. Today, Chelsea are linked with Lazar Markovic.
The report claims that Arsenal, Liverpool and Chelsea have all been in negotiations with Partizan Belgrade over the highly-rated 18-year-old, but it’s the European champions who are believed to be the players preferred destination.
Markovic joined Partizan as a 12-year-old and has gone on to become a first team regular with the Serbian outfit, playing in an advanced midfield role and has scored six goals in 12 appearances this season. He’s also managed to force his way into the senior national team set-up, earning six caps so far and opened his account with a strike during a friendly against Chile last month.
His impressive form hasn’t gone unnoticed and the Mail claim Chelsea are close to agreeing an initial £8m deal, with Belgrade hoping the fee will rise to nearer £14m based on appearances.
Markovic looks like an excellent prospect, with his pace and dribbling ability particular assets for the youngster, but if he was to make a move to Chelsea he may have his work cut-out in trying to get regular first team football, with the likes of Juan Mata, Oscar and Eden Hazard all currently occupying attacking midfield roles at Stamford Bridge.
But at just 18-years-old he still has plenty of time on his side and would surely be seen as one for the future.
Would you like to see Markovic at your club? Get involved in the comments section.