- Man Utd Boss Confirms He’ll Buy Attacker & Responds To Reported Ronaldo Interest
- World Class Striker Drops Huge Hint Over Manchester United Move
- Man Utd In Advanced Talks To Sign Chelsea & Liverpool Target, Deal Expected Soon
- Man Utd To Table Formal Bid For £35m-Rated Chelsea Target After Talks With Agent
- Man Utd Target Refuses To Rule Out £40m Arsenal Move Following Talks With Wenger
- Arsenal Eye Swoop On Rivals As Wenger Looks To Sign New Striker
Yanga-Mbiwa Heading To London?
Despite the transfer window being closed, there is always transfer gossip doing the rounds in the papers and we’ll keep you up-to-date with the latest news during the coming months. Today, Chelsea and Arsenal are linked with a French defender.
Chelsea have joined Arsenal in showing interest in Montpellier captain Mapou Yanga-Mbiwa, according to talkSPORT.
The report claims the European champions sent scouts to watch the defender last week as Montpellier beat Ajaccio 3-0 at the Stade de la Mosson.
Yanga-Mbiwa shot to prominence after skippering the French side to an unlikely Ligue 1 title last season and talkSPORT believe the Blues are set to rival Arsenal and AC Milan for the 23-year-old’s signature.
The Metro reported last week that the Gunners had revived their interest in the versatile defender and were hoping to lure him away in the January window now that Montpellier had crashed out of the Champions League, but they could face stiff competition from Chelsea if talkSPORT are to be believed.
Yanga-Mbiwa can operate anywhere across the back-line but is best known for his qualities as a central defender. He’s been with Montpellier since joining as a youth player in 2005 and has gone on to make almost 190 appearances of the club.
I thought he was hugely impressive during Montpellier’s two games against Arsenal in the Champions League this season. He was strong, pacey and showed great determination, all qualities that would bode well if he were to come to these shores.
Neither Chelsea or Arsenal have been water-tight at the back so far this season and they could both do with a versatile player like Yanga-Mbiwa, but could he be set for a move to London? Lets see what January brings.
Would you like to see Yanga-Mbiwa at your club? Get involved in the comments section.