- Arsenal Playmaker Mesut Ozil Offers Positive Injury Update
- Man Utd Make Audacious €25m Offer For La Liga Midfielder But Man City Also Keen
- Liverpool Attacker A Doubt To Face Arsenal After Aggravating Injury
- Mourinho May Sanction Move As Liverpool Make Audacious Swoop For Chelsea Star
- Man Utd Handed Major Injury Boost Ahead Of Aston Villa Clash
- Oxlade-Chamberlain A Doubt For Liverpool Game As Arsenal’s Injury Crisis Deepens
Chelsea Transfer News: Brazilian Rules Out Move
Despite the transfer window being closed, there is always transfer gossip doing the rounds in the papers and we’ll keep you up-to-date with the latest news during the coming months. Today, Paulinho wants to stay at Corinthians.
The report claims the Blues have been heavily linked with the Brazilian midfielder in recent months and new interim boss Rafa Benitez is said to have identified the 24-year-old as a potential signing as he looks to add a new defensive midfielder to play alongside Ramires.
However, while Paulinho has admitted he’s heard rumours of an offer and doesn’t know what the future may hold, he’s insisted he wants to stay with Corinthians. Paulinho is quoted as saying by talkSPORT:
“I am at Corinthians, but I do not know what will happen in the future,”
“I have heard many rumours about offer, but I do not think I’ll move from this club. My desire is to stay here.”
Despite being known as a defensive minded player, the Brazilian has netted an impressive 35 goals in 154 appearances for Corinthians during his three years with the club.
Read more Chelsea transfer news
With Oriol Romeu being ruled out for six months with a serious knee injury, Rafa may be forced into bringing in another defensive midfielder when the transfer window re-opens next month, but it doesn’t seem like Paulinho will be making a move to Stamford Bridge any time soon after his recent comments.
Who would Chelsea fans like to see signed next month? Do you need to replace Romeu? Get involved in the comments section below.