- [Photos & Video] Player All Smiles In Chelsea Shirt After Completing £34m Move
- [Photo] Moussa Sissoko Poses With Tottenham Shirt After Completing £30m Move
- [Photos] Jack Wilshere All Smiles After Completing Move Away From Arsenal
- Liverpool Transfer News: £20m Bid Rejected | Defender Told To Leave On Loan
- Arsenal Agree To Let Wilshere Leave Following Crunch Talks With Wenger
- Liverpool Steal March On Man Utd After Tabling £30m Offer For Brazilian Forward
Man Utd Transfer News: United Linked With Brazilian Defender
Despite the transfer window being closed, there is always transfer gossip doing the rounds in the papers and we’ll keep you up-to-date with the latest news during the coming months. Today, Manchester United are linked with a Brazilian defender.
Manchester United are interested in signing Porto defender Alex Sandro as a long-term replacement for Patrice Evra, according to the Daily Star.
The report claims that United left-back Evra has been linked with a move to French giants PSG and while the 31-year-old has denied he’s set to exit Old Trafford any time soon, United are understood to be looking at life beyond the Frenchman.
The Star believe that while summer signing Alex Buttner has impressed during his first few months with the club, the Premier League giants are still keen on adding another left-sided defender to their ranks and are said to have identified Porto defender Alex Sandro as a potential target.
The 21-year-old moved to Porto from Santos two years ago but has only made 7 appearances for the first team so far. Despite his lack of first team action at the Estádio do Dragão, he has impressed enough to earn 6 caps for the Brazilian national team.
Read more Man Utd transfer news
Evra is the wrong side of 30 and his form has been inconsistent for the best part of a year now. While he may not be leaving United for the foreseeable future, the time will eventually come when he needs to be replaced. Is Santos the man for the job?
Who do you think should replace Evra when he does eventually leave United? Get involved in the comments section.