- Blues Ready To Battle Arsenal & Man Utd For £52m-Rated Duo
- Chelsea Eye Swoop On Liverpool After Midfielder Rejects New £80k Deal
- Man Utd Ready To Hijack Arsenal’s Bid To Land €17m German Star
- Double Injury Boost For Arsenal Ahead Of QPR Game
- Arsenal & Man Utd Given Go-Ahead To Sign €40m Hitman
- Chelsea Team News: Mourinho Offers Injury Update On Fabregas & Luis
[Teams] Chelsea vs Monterrey: Luiz Starts In Midfield
Chelsea kick-off their FIFA Club World Cup campaign as they take on CONCACAF Champions League holders Monterrey in Yokohama this morning.
Interim boss Rafa Benitezhas decided to try David Luiz in a defensive midfield position for the game, with Branislav Ivanovic playing alongside Gary Cahill at the back. Fernando Torres will hope to continue his recent goalscoring form as he once again starts up front supported by Eden Hazard, Oscar and Juan Mata.
The teams will be able to call upon the rest of the squad as substitutes so fit again Frank Lampard is likely to get some minutes under his belt at some point. Here are the confirmed line-ups for the game.
Cech, Azpilicueta, Ivanovic, Cahll, Cole, Luiz, Mikel, Mata, Oscar, Hazard, Torres.
Subs: Turnbull, Hilario, Ferreira, Bertrand, Ramires, Lampard, Marin, Piazon, Saville, Moses.
Orozco; Perez, Mier, Basanta, Chavez; Meza, Ayovi, Cardozo; Corona, Delgado, De Nigris.