- Man Utd Determined To Beat Chelsea To Signing Of £50m-Rated International
- Arsenal Open Formal Talks Over £60m Double Swoop
- Arsenal To Make £30m Bid For Liverpool Star This Summer
- Man Utd Star Closes In On Comeback After Offering Positive Injury Update
- Arsenal Boost – Star Set To Make Injury Return This Weekend
- Arsene Wenger Offers Positive Injury Update On Alexis Sanchez
[Teams] Chelsea vs Monterrey: Luiz Starts In Midfield
Chelsea kick-off their FIFA Club World Cup campaign as they take on CONCACAF Champions League holders Monterrey in Yokohama this morning.
Interim boss Rafa Benitezhas decided to try David Luiz in a defensive midfield position for the game, with Branislav Ivanovic playing alongside Gary Cahill at the back. Fernando Torres will hope to continue his recent goalscoring form as he once again starts up front supported by Eden Hazard, Oscar and Juan Mata.
The teams will be able to call upon the rest of the squad as substitutes so fit again Frank Lampard is likely to get some minutes under his belt at some point. Here are the confirmed line-ups for the game.
Cech, Azpilicueta, Ivanovic, Cahll, Cole, Luiz, Mikel, Mata, Oscar, Hazard, Torres.
Subs: Turnbull, Hilario, Ferreira, Bertrand, Ramires, Lampard, Marin, Piazon, Saville, Moses.
Orozco; Perez, Mier, Basanta, Chavez; Meza, Ayovi, Cardozo; Corona, Delgado, De Nigris.