- Adidas Pushing For Deal As Man Utd Plot World Record Move For La Liga Attacker
- Arsenal Willing To Break Transfer Record To Sign Attacker Ahead Of Liverpool
- Arsenal Eye Audacious Move For Key Barcelona Midfielder
- Man Utd Boss Confirms He’ll Buy Attacker & Responds To Reported Ronaldo Interest
- World Class Striker Drops Huge Hint Over Manchester United Move
- Man Utd In Advanced Talks To Sign Chelsea & Liverpool Target, Deal Expected Soon
Arsenal Rival City For Argentinean Midfielder
Despite the transfer window being closed, there is always transfer gossip doing the rounds in the papers and we’ll keep you up-to-date with the latest news during the coming months. Today, Arsenal are linked with Ezequiel Cirigliano.
Arsenal have joined Manchester City in the race to sign River Plate midfielder Ezequil Cirigliano, according to the Metro.
The report claims that Cirigliano has been strongly linked with a move to Premier League champions Manchester City, with Roberto Mancini said to be weighing up a £5m move for the Argentine.
However, the Metro believe that Arsenal are in the market for a defensive midfielder and boss Arsene Wenger has had the 20-year-old scouted on several occasions over the past few weeks. The report also claims that River Plate would be willing to do business if a bid of over £8m came in, while they may also be willing to do a part-exchange for Arsenal full-back Andre Santos.
Cirigliano is a tough-tackling, powerful midfielder who’s style would be suited to the rigors of the Premier League, but will we see him move either in January or in the summer? We’ll have to wait and see but I’ve been saying for weeks that I’d like to Arsenal bring in an all-action midfielder and if Wenger sees Cirigliano as that man, great.
Would you like Cirgliano at your club? Get involved in the comments section below.