- Striker Agrees Personal Terms With Chelsea Ahead Of Proposed Move
- Liverpool Deploy Scouts To Watch Tottenham Target As Rodgers Eyes Swoop
- Blues Ready To Battle Arsenal & Man Utd For £52m-Rated Duo
- Chelsea Eye Swoop On Liverpool After Midfielder Rejects New £80k Deal
- Man Utd Ready To Hijack Arsenal’s Bid To Land €17m German Star
- Double Injury Boost For Arsenal Ahead Of QPR Game
Arsenal Rival City For Argentinean Midfielder
Despite the transfer window being closed, there is always transfer gossip doing the rounds in the papers and we’ll keep you up-to-date with the latest news during the coming months. Today, Arsenal are linked with Ezequiel Cirigliano.
Arsenal have joined Manchester City in the race to sign River Plate midfielder Ezequil Cirigliano, according to the Metro.
The report claims that Cirigliano has been strongly linked with a move to Premier League champions Manchester City, with Roberto Mancini said to be weighing up a £5m move for the Argentine.
However, the Metro believe that Arsenal are in the market for a defensive midfielder and boss Arsene Wenger has had the 20-year-old scouted on several occasions over the past few weeks. The report also claims that River Plate would be willing to do business if a bid of over £8m came in, while they may also be willing to do a part-exchange for Arsenal full-back Andre Santos.
Cirigliano is a tough-tackling, powerful midfielder who’s style would be suited to the rigors of the Premier League, but will we see him move either in January or in the summer? We’ll have to wait and see but I’ve been saying for weeks that I’d like to Arsenal bring in an all-action midfielder and if Wenger sees Cirigliano as that man, great.
Would you like Cirgliano at your club? Get involved in the comments section below.