- Arsenal Ready To Battle Liverpool For Brazilian, Player Confirms Decision To Leave
- Arsenal Playmaker Mesut Ozil Offers Positive Injury Update
- Man Utd Make Audacious €25m Offer For La Liga Midfielder But Man City Also Keen
- Liverpool Attacker A Doubt To Face Arsenal After Aggravating Injury
- Mourinho May Sanction Move As Liverpool Make Audacious Swoop For Chelsea Star
- Man Utd Handed Major Injury Boost Ahead Of Aston Villa Clash
Transfer News: Sturridge’s £12m Liverpool Move In Doubt
Despite the transfer window being closed, there is always transfer gossip doing the rounds in the papers and we’ll keep you up-to-date with the latest news during the coming months. Today, more on the future of Daniel Sturridge.
The report claims Liverpool have agreed a £12m fee with Chelsea and had pencilled Sturridge in for a medical on Wednesday, with the hope of being able to officially unveil him on January 1st. However, it’s understood that the medical never took place after discussions between Chelsea, Liverpool and the players advisors hit problems over who pays the agents fees.
The Anfield club are said to be keen on reducing the amount they pay in agents fees, with recent figures showing the Merseysiders paid agents £31.3m since 2008/09 – only Chelsea and Man City have spent more.
Despite the stumbling block, the Mail believe that Brendan Rodgers remains confident the deal will eventually go through but is lining up alternatives just in case, with Paris Saint-Germain striker Kevin Gamiero a potential loan target.
Issues over who pays what portion of agents fees is nothing new in big-money transfers, so Liverpool fans shouldn’t be too worried by this report. If the two clubs have agreed a fee, as claimed, the deal should still be on course to be completed in the New Year.
Are Liverpool fans happy about the proposed move of Sturridge? Get involved in the comments section below.