- Liverpool Dealt Injury Blow As Star Taken To Hospital Following Training Incident
- Mahrez To Join Arsenal In £37m Deal After Agreeing Personal Terms
- Arsenal & Man Utd Target To Undergo Chelsea Medical After Blues Agree £30m Deal
- Man Utd Boss Jose Mourinho Plotting Audacious Raid On Chelsea
- Liverpool Installed As Surprise Favourites To Sign Man Utd Attacker
- Real Madrid Super Star Wants Man Utd Move As Mourinho Prepares £96.4m Move
Transfer News: Sturridge’s £12m Liverpool Move In Doubt
Despite the transfer window being closed, there is always transfer gossip doing the rounds in the papers and we’ll keep you up-to-date with the latest news during the coming months. Today, more on the future of Daniel Sturridge.
Liverpool’s proposed move for Chelsea forward Daniel Sturridge is in doubt due to problems over agent fees, according to the Daily Mail.
The report claims Liverpool have agreed a £12m fee with Chelsea and had pencilled Sturridge in for a medical on Wednesday, with the hope of being able to officially unveil him on January 1st. However, it’s understood that the medical never took place after discussions between Chelsea, Liverpool and the players advisors hit problems over who pays the agents fees.
The Anfield club are said to be keen on reducing the amount they pay in agents fees, with recent figures showing the Merseysiders paid agents £31.3m since 2008/09 – only Chelsea and Man City have spent more.
Despite the stumbling block, the Mail believe that Brendan Rodgers remains confident the deal will eventually go through but is lining up alternatives just in case, with Paris Saint-Germain striker Kevin Gamiero a potential loan target.
Issues over who pays what portion of agents fees is nothing new in big-money transfers, so Liverpool fans shouldn’t be too worried by this report. If the two clubs have agreed a fee, as claimed, the deal should still be on course to be completed in the New Year.
Are Liverpool fans happy about the proposed move of Sturridge? Get involved in the comments section below.