- Man Utd Determined To Beat Chelsea To Signing Of £50m-Rated International
- Arsenal Open Formal Talks Over £60m Double Swoop
- Arsenal To Make £30m Bid For Liverpool Star This Summer
- Man Utd Star Closes In On Comeback After Offering Positive Injury Update
- Arsenal Boost – Star Set To Make Injury Return This Weekend
- Arsene Wenger Offers Positive Injury Update On Alexis Sanchez
Liverpool Injury & Team News: Including Leiva, Enrique & Assaidi
Liverpool entertain Fulham at Anfield on Saturday evening and manager Brendan Rodgers has given an injury and team news update ahead of the game.
Rodgers claims his squad is looking in good shape heading into the weekend and gave the latest on Lucas Leiva, Jose Enrique and Oussama Assaidi.
Brazilian midfielder Leiva has only recently returned from a thigh injury that kept him out for over two months and Rodgers confirmed he’s making good progress and steadily regaining his match fitness, and that should continue this weekend.
Summer signing Assaidi is struggling with a knee injury and is a doubt for the Fulham game but Enrique is back in contention after recovering from a knock picked up against West Ham that forced him to miss last weeks defeat to Aston Villa.
Rodgers told Liverpool’s official website:
“Jose Enrique is back in, which is great news because he was absolutely flying when he picked up his niggle at West Ham. He comes into the squad.
“Oussama Assaidi has struggled in the last couple of days with his knee. Lucas Leiva is gaining fitness all the time, he’s been out for a long time – that’s going to be gradual, not an instant progression. The group is at a really good level.”
Liverpool will be looking to bounce back from last weekends disappointing 3-1 home defeat to Villa and we’ll have a full match preview up later this evening.