- Liverpool Handed Major Injury Boost Ahead Of Man City Showdown
- England Squad Announced: Eric Dier Joins Man Utd & Liverpool Stars In 23-Man Squad
- Liverpool Receive Injury Boost As Attacker Eyes Swift Return From Surgery
- Major Injury Boost For Liverpool As Duo Take Part In Klopps First Training Session
- Klopp Finally Speaks Out Amid Reports He’s Set To Be Named New Liverpool Boss
- Liverpool Dealt Fresh Injury Blow: Star Faces 2 Months Out + Firmino Update
Liverpool Injury & Team News: Including Leiva, Enrique & Assaidi
Liverpool entertain Fulham at Anfield on Saturday evening and manager Brendan Rodgers has given an injury and team news update ahead of the game.
Rodgers claims his squad is looking in good shape heading into the weekend and gave the latest on Lucas Leiva, Jose Enrique and Oussama Assaidi.
Brazilian midfielder Leiva has only recently returned from a thigh injury that kept him out for over two months and Rodgers confirmed he’s making good progress and steadily regaining his match fitness, and that should continue this weekend.
Summer signing Assaidi is struggling with a knee injury and is a doubt for the Fulham game but Enrique is back in contention after recovering from a knock picked up against West Ham that forced him to miss last weeks defeat to Aston Villa.
Rodgers told Liverpool’s official website:
“Jose Enrique is back in, which is great news because he was absolutely flying when he picked up his niggle at West Ham. He comes into the squad.
“Oussama Assaidi has struggled in the last couple of days with his knee. Lucas Leiva is gaining fitness all the time, he’s been out for a long time – that’s going to be gradual, not an instant progression. The group is at a really good level.”
Liverpool will be looking to bounce back from last weekends disappointing 3-1 home defeat to Villa and we’ll have a full match preview up later this evening.