- [Photos & Video] Player All Smiles In Chelsea Shirt After Completing £34m Move
- [Photo] Moussa Sissoko Poses With Tottenham Shirt After Completing £30m Move
- [Photos] Jack Wilshere All Smiles After Completing Move Away From Arsenal
- Liverpool Transfer News: £20m Bid Rejected | Defender Told To Leave On Loan
- Arsenal Agree To Let Wilshere Leave Following Crunch Talks With Wenger
- Liverpool Steal March On Man Utd After Tabling £30m Offer For Brazilian Forward
Man Utd Injury Update: Rafael, Kagawa, Vidic & More…
Manchester United play Swansea City at the Liberty Stadium on Sunday afternoon looking to maintain their advantage at the top of the table.
Boss Sir Alex Ferguson has given an injury and team news update ahead of the game, with the latest on Rafael, Nemanja Vidic, Shinji Kagawa, Jonny Evans and Nani.
Brazilian right-back Rafael has been ruled out of the trip after failing to recover from the hamstring injury that kept him out of last weeks 3-1 win over Sunderland, but Evans returns from a groin injury picked up against Manchester City two weeks ago.
Centre-back Vidic is back in contention after making a late substitute appearance against the Black Cats last weekend but he’s likely to have to make-do with a place on the bench again this weekend.
Portuguese winger Nani remains on the sidelines with a hamstring strain while Kagawa is closing in on a comeback and is due to resume first team training on Monday. Here is what Sir Alex told United’s official website.
“Jonny has had one or two injuries but hopefully they’re behind him now,”
“He’s fit for Sunday, while Kagawa takes training with the first team on Monday.”
“Vida is doing great in training, it’s just a matter of picking the time to bring him back. It gives me options with Smalling, Jones, Ferdinand, Evans. It’s very good, and better for us. Rafa won’t make Sunday’s game as he’s still out with a hamstring. Nani is still injured. Apart from those players, we’re all right.”
We’ll have a full match preview for United’s game against Swansea up on the site shortly, what would your starting line-up be now you’ve heard the team news? Get involved in the comments section.