- Liverpool Handed Major Injury Boost Ahead Of Man City Showdown
- England Squad Announced: Eric Dier Joins Man Utd & Liverpool Stars In 23-Man Squad
- Liverpool Receive Injury Boost As Attacker Eyes Swift Return From Surgery
- Major Injury Boost For Liverpool As Duo Take Part In Klopps First Training Session
- Klopp Finally Speaks Out Amid Reports He’s Set To Be Named New Liverpool Boss
- Liverpool Dealt Fresh Injury Blow: Star Faces 2 Months Out + Firmino Update
Man Utd Injury Update: Rafael, Kagawa, Vidic & More…
Manchester United play Swansea City at the Liberty Stadium on Sunday afternoon looking to maintain their advantage at the top of the table.
Boss Sir Alex Ferguson has given an injury and team news update ahead of the game, with the latest on Rafael, Nemanja Vidic, Shinji Kagawa, Jonny Evans and Nani.
Brazilian right-back Rafael has been ruled out of the trip after failing to recover from the hamstring injury that kept him out of last weeks 3-1 win over Sunderland, but Evans returns from a groin injury picked up against Manchester City two weeks ago.
Centre-back Vidic is back in contention after making a late substitute appearance against the Black Cats last weekend but he’s likely to have to make-do with a place on the bench again this weekend.
Portuguese winger Nani remains on the sidelines with a hamstring strain while Kagawa is closing in on a comeback and is due to resume first team training on Monday. Here is what Sir Alex told United’s official website.
“Jonny has had one or two injuries but hopefully they’re behind him now,”
“He’s fit for Sunday, while Kagawa takes training with the first team on Monday.”
“Vida is doing great in training, it’s just a matter of picking the time to bring him back. It gives me options with Smalling, Jones, Ferdinand, Evans. It’s very good, and better for us. Rafa won’t make Sunday’s game as he’s still out with a hamstring. Nani is still injured. Apart from those players, we’re all right.”
We’ll have a full match preview for United’s game against Swansea up on the site shortly, what would your starting line-up be now you’ve heard the team news? Get involved in the comments section.