- Arsenal Boost – Star Set To Make Injury Return This Weekend
- Arsene Wenger Offers Positive Injury Update On Alexis Sanchez
- Liverpool Dealt Fresh Injury Blow As Star Ruled Out Until 2016
- Liverpool Handed Major Injury Boost Ahead Of Man City Showdown
- England Squad Announced: Eric Dier Joins Man Utd & Liverpool Stars In 23-Man Squad
- Liverpool Receive Injury Boost As Attacker Eyes Swift Return From Surgery
Llorente Set For Free Transfer Summer Move After Juve Deal Falls Through
Despite the transfer window being closed, there is always transfer gossip doing the rounds in the papers and we’ll keep you up-to-date with the latest news during the coming months. Today, more on the future of Fernando Llorente.
Arsenal and Liverpool target Fernando Llorente is set to remain with Athletic Bilbao until the end of the season after his January move to Juventus fell through, according to talkSPORT.
The 27-year-old is in the final year of his contract at Bilbao and has so far been unable to agree terms over a new deal. This has lead to speculation over his future with talkSPORT linking the likes of Arsenal, Liverpool and Juventus with a move.
The report claims that Llorente was expected to move to Juventus in January but understands that deal has fallen through and the Spanish striker will now stay with Bilbao for the rest of the season and leave on a free transfer in the summer.
This news could be of interest to Arsenal and Liverpool as a player of Llorente’s quality doesn’t become available very often. I’d love to see the striker in the Premier League next season as his talent is undoubted and at 6 foot 5 inches he’ll be able to handle the physical aspect of English football.
He was superb last season, scoring 29 goals in 53 games, with his goals helping Bilbao to the Europa League final. His form has been less impressive this term but has seen himself regularly left on the bench as punishment for his contract wrangle.
Would you like to see your club go for Llorente? Get involved in the comments section below.