- Jurgen Klopp Rules Out Replacing Sacked David Moyes At Man Utd
- Theo Walcott Offers Positive Injury Update
- Arsenal ‘Working’ On Deal To Re-Sign Unsettled Van Persie
- Chelsea Offered Tempting Diego Costa + £8m Swap Deal In Exchange For Courtois
- Cavani Agent In London For Talks Over Potential £54m Summer Move
- Chelsea Trying To Hijack Liverpool’s Salah Move After Submitting £10m Bid
Llorente Set For Free Transfer Summer Move After Juve Deal Falls Through
Despite the transfer window being closed, there is always transfer gossip doing the rounds in the papers and we’ll keep you up-to-date with the latest news during the coming months. Today, more on the future of Fernando Llorente.
The 27-year-old is in the final year of his contract at Bilbao and has so far been unable to agree terms over a new deal. This has lead to speculation over his future with talkSPORT linking the likes of Arsenal, Liverpool and Juventus with a move.
The report claims that Llorente was expected to move to Juventus in January but understands that deal has fallen through and the Spanish striker will now stay with Bilbao for the rest of the season and leave on a free transfer in the summer.
This news could be of interest to Arsenal and Liverpool as a player of Llorente’s quality doesn’t become available very often. I’d love to see the striker in the Premier League next season as his talent is undoubted and at 6 foot 5 inches he’ll be able to handle the physical aspect of English football.
He was superb last season, scoring 29 goals in 53 games, with his goals helping Bilbao to the Europa League final. His form has been less impressive this term but has seen himself regularly left on the bench as punishment for his contract wrangle.
Would you like to see your club go for Llorente? Get involved in the comments section below.