- Arsenal Ready To Battle Liverpool For Brazilian, Player Confirms Decision To Leave
- Arsenal Playmaker Mesut Ozil Offers Positive Injury Update
- Man Utd Make Audacious €25m Offer For La Liga Midfielder But Man City Also Keen
- Liverpool Attacker A Doubt To Face Arsenal After Aggravating Injury
- Mourinho May Sanction Move As Liverpool Make Audacious Swoop For Chelsea Star
- Man Utd Handed Major Injury Boost Ahead Of Aston Villa Clash
Llorente Set For Free Transfer Summer Move After Juve Deal Falls Through
Despite the transfer window being closed, there is always transfer gossip doing the rounds in the papers and we’ll keep you up-to-date with the latest news during the coming months. Today, more on the future of Fernando Llorente.
The 27-year-old is in the final year of his contract at Bilbao and has so far been unable to agree terms over a new deal. This has lead to speculation over his future with talkSPORT linking the likes of Arsenal, Liverpool and Juventus with a move.
The report claims that Llorente was expected to move to Juventus in January but understands that deal has fallen through and the Spanish striker will now stay with Bilbao for the rest of the season and leave on a free transfer in the summer.
This news could be of interest to Arsenal and Liverpool as a player of Llorente’s quality doesn’t become available very often. I’d love to see the striker in the Premier League next season as his talent is undoubted and at 6 foot 5 inches he’ll be able to handle the physical aspect of English football.
He was superb last season, scoring 29 goals in 53 games, with his goals helping Bilbao to the Europa League final. His form has been less impressive this term but has seen himself regularly left on the bench as punishment for his contract wrangle.
Would you like to see your club go for Llorente? Get involved in the comments section below.