- Striker Agrees Personal Terms With Chelsea Ahead Of Proposed Move
- Liverpool Deploy Scouts To Watch Tottenham Target As Rodgers Eyes Swoop
- Blues Ready To Battle Arsenal & Man Utd For £52m-Rated Duo
- Chelsea Eye Swoop On Liverpool After Midfielder Rejects New £80k Deal
- Man Utd Ready To Hijack Arsenal’s Bid To Land €17m German Star
- Double Injury Boost For Arsenal Ahead Of QPR Game
Chelsea & Spurs Linked With £10m-Rated Rams Midfielder
Despite the transfer window being closed, there is always transfer gossip doing the rounds in the papers and we’ll keep you up-to-date with the latest news during the coming months. Today, more on the future of Will Hughes.
Chelsea and Tottenham are among the clubs linked with a January move for Derby County’s £10m-rated midfielder Will Hughes, according to the Daily Mail.
The 17-year-old has caught the eye with some impressive performances at the heart of the Rams midfield since breaking into the first team fold last season. He has already clocked-up 27 appearances for the Championship side and broken into the England under-21 set-up – making his debut against Northern Ireland in November.
The Mail claim that Chelsea and Tottenham are chasing the youngster and may make a move as early as January, with Derby understood to be willing to do business for around £10m.
If Hughes was to move to either Chelsea or Tottenham when the transfer window re-opens next month, the report claims he’s likely to be loaned back to Derby for the rest of the season. The teenager is highly-unlikely to get a lot of playing time at either club and would surely be seen as one for the future.
However, the Mail claim that Fulham are also interested and would be willing to give Hughes a crack at the first team if he were to opt for a move to Craven Cottage, so it seems the youngster may have a difficult decision to make next month if all three follow-up their reported interested.