- Arsenal Boost – Star Set To Make Injury Return This Weekend
- Arsene Wenger Offers Positive Injury Update On Alexis Sanchez
- Liverpool Dealt Fresh Injury Blow As Star Ruled Out Until 2016
- Liverpool Handed Major Injury Boost Ahead Of Man City Showdown
- England Squad Announced: Eric Dier Joins Man Utd & Liverpool Stars In 23-Man Squad
- Liverpool Receive Injury Boost As Attacker Eyes Swift Return From Surgery
Chelsea & Spurs Linked With £10m-Rated Rams Midfielder
Despite the transfer window being closed, there is always transfer gossip doing the rounds in the papers and we’ll keep you up-to-date with the latest news during the coming months. Today, more on the future of Will Hughes.
Chelsea and Tottenham are among the clubs linked with a January move for Derby County’s £10m-rated midfielder Will Hughes, according to the Daily Mail.
The 17-year-old has caught the eye with some impressive performances at the heart of the Rams midfield since breaking into the first team fold last season. He has already clocked-up 27 appearances for the Championship side and broken into the England under-21 set-up – making his debut against Northern Ireland in November.
The Mail claim that Chelsea and Tottenham are chasing the youngster and may make a move as early as January, with Derby understood to be willing to do business for around £10m.
If Hughes was to move to either Chelsea or Tottenham when the transfer window re-opens next month, the report claims he’s likely to be loaned back to Derby for the rest of the season. The teenager is highly-unlikely to get a lot of playing time at either club and would surely be seen as one for the future.
However, the Mail claim that Fulham are also interested and would be willing to give Hughes a crack at the first team if he were to opt for a move to Craven Cottage, so it seems the youngster may have a difficult decision to make next month if all three follow-up their reported interested.