- Liverpool Dealt Injury Blow As Star Taken To Hospital Following Training Incident
- Mahrez To Join Arsenal In £37m Deal After Agreeing Personal Terms
- Arsenal & Man Utd Target To Undergo Chelsea Medical After Blues Agree £30m Deal
- Man Utd Boss Jose Mourinho Plotting Audacious Raid On Chelsea
- Liverpool Installed As Surprise Favourites To Sign Man Utd Attacker
- Real Madrid Super Star Wants Man Utd Move As Mourinho Prepares £96.4m Move
Chelsea Transfer News: Guerrero Rules Out Move
Despite the transfer window being closed, there is always transfer gossip doing the rounds in the papers and we’ll keep you up-to-date with the latest news during the coming months. Today, Paolo Guerrero insists he’s happy at Corinthians.
Paolo Guerrero has insisted he will stay at Corinthians despite reported interest from European champions Chelsea, according to Sky Sports News.
The report claims Chelsea have joined Atletico Madrid, Juventus and Fiorentina in showing interest in the striker after they were left impressed by his performances at the World Club Cup in Japan earlier this month, where the 28-year-old scored the winner in the semi-final against Al-Ahly before netting the only goal of the game against Chelsea in final.
However, despite the speculation linking him with a big-money move to Europe, Guerrero has insisted he is happy to stay in Brazil and play for Corinthians.
“I will stay. I have a contract and I am very happy playing for Corinthians.” Guerrero is quoted as saying by the Daily Mail
The former Bayern Munich striker only joined Corinthians from Hamburg in July for £3m and the Mail claim the Brazilian outfit have slapped a £30m price-tag on his head to ward off interest in the player.
Read more Chelsea transfer news
While the Blues may be in the market for another forward to act as competition for Fernando Torres, I really can’t see them paying anywhere near that figure for Guerrero, plus the player says he wont be leaving anyway, so it looks like Chelsea will have to turn their attention to someone else when the window re-opens next month.
Who would you like to see come to Chelsea in January? Get involved in the comments section below.