- [Photos & Video] Player All Smiles In Chelsea Shirt After Completing £34m Move
- [Photo] Moussa Sissoko Poses With Tottenham Shirt After Completing £30m Move
- [Photos] Jack Wilshere All Smiles After Completing Move Away From Arsenal
- Liverpool Transfer News: £20m Bid Rejected | Defender Told To Leave On Loan
- Arsenal Agree To Let Wilshere Leave Following Crunch Talks With Wenger
- Liverpool Steal March On Man Utd After Tabling £30m Offer For Brazilian Forward
Madrid Dismiss Reports Linking Turan With Move To Liverpool
With the January transfer window now open for business we’ll be keeping you up-to-date with all the latest transfer gossip. Today, more on the future of Arda Turan.
Atletico Madrid coach Diego Simone claims he knows nothing about reported interest from Liverpool in winger Arda Turan and insists he wants to keep hold of the player, according to talkSPORT.
The report claims Liverpool have been strongly linked with a move for the 25-year-old as Brendan Rodgers looks to rejuvenate his squad during the January transfer window.
Rodgers has already completed the signing of Daniel Sturridge from Chelsea but talkSPORT suggest the Reds boss wants Turan at Anfield to provide the bullets for the England international and new team-mate Luis Suarez.
However, Simone claims he’s heard nothing about the reported interest from the Merseysiders and reminded everybody that the 25-year-old has a contract with the Madrid club. Simone is quoted as saying by talkSPORT:
“First, I have not heard anything and I have seen it a lot. Everyone can comment on whatever you want.
“The important thing is what he shows on the field. Arda is one of the best players. He shows heart in every one of our matches.
“He has a contract with our club and he shows everyone what he has to offer.”
Read more Liverpool transfer news
Turan has been in great form this season, scoring 5 goals and providing 6 assists in 13 games so far to help guide Madrid above Real Madrid into second place in the La Liga table.
Would Liverpool fans like to see Turan at Anfield? Get involved in the comments section below.