- Liverpool Dealt Fresh Injury Blow: Star Faces 2 Months Out + Firmino Update
- Man Utd Plotting £90m Move For 321 Goal Super-Star
- Key Man Ruled Out As Man Utd Announce 20-Man Squad For PSV Game
- Chelsea Dealt Blow As Key Man Suffers Injury Ahead Of Everton Trip
- Madrid Chief: Arsenal Target Was Among 4 Players Man Utd Tried To Sign This Summer
- Liverpool Left To Sweat As Key Man Suffers Injury Ahead Of Man Utd Clash
Madrid Dismiss Reports Linking Turan With Move To Liverpool
With the January transfer window now open for business we’ll be keeping you up-to-date with all the latest transfer gossip. Today, more on the future of Arda Turan.
Atletico Madrid coach Diego Simone claims he knows nothing about reported interest from Liverpool in winger Arda Turan and insists he wants to keep hold of the player, according to talkSPORT.
The report claims Liverpool have been strongly linked with a move for the 25-year-old as Brendan Rodgers looks to rejuvenate his squad during the January transfer window.
Rodgers has already completed the signing of Daniel Sturridge from Chelsea but talkSPORT suggest the Reds boss wants Turan at Anfield to provide the bullets for the England international and new team-mate Luis Suarez.
However, Simone claims he’s heard nothing about the reported interest from the Merseysiders and reminded everybody that the 25-year-old has a contract with the Madrid club. Simone is quoted as saying by talkSPORT:
“First, I have not heard anything and I have seen it a lot. Everyone can comment on whatever you want.
“The important thing is what he shows on the field. Arda is one of the best players. He shows heart in every one of our matches.
“He has a contract with our club and he shows everyone what he has to offer.”
Read more Liverpool transfer news
Turan has been in great form this season, scoring 5 goals and providing 6 assists in 13 games so far to help guide Madrid above Real Madrid into second place in the La Liga table.
Would Liverpool fans like to see Turan at Anfield? Get involved in the comments section below.