- [Photos] Welbeck Poses In Arsenal Shirt After Completing £16m Move From Man Utd
- [Photos] Lazar Markovic Poses In Liverpool Kit After Completing €25m Move
- Chelsea Confirm Signing Of €40m Costa On Five-Year Contract
- [Photo] Fabregas Poses In Chelsea Shirt After Sealing Move + Confirms Arsenal Snub
- Agent Confirms Talks With Arsenal + Man Utd Over €37m Ace
- Chelsea Agree €40m Deal For Spanish Hot-Shot
Man Utd Injury & Team News Update: Rooney, Nani & Jones
Speaking to ManUtd.com, Ferguson revealed there is bad news concerning the fitness of Rooney with the striker set to miss another two weeks with a knee injury picked up in training on Christmas Day. Rooney will therefore miss the West Ham game as well as next weeks Premier League clash against Liverpool.
Fergie told the clubs official website:
“Wayne’s still injured, and it looks like going to be out another two weeks or so “
“It’s a surprise as he was meant to be back training now. So he’ll be out for longer than we thought and I don’t think he will be fit for the Liverpool match.
“The injury is nothing serious. He just got clipped behind his knee. Nothing shows in the scan but he’s still feeling it. Hopefully in two weeks it’ll be sorted but nonetheless it’s a loss.”
There is better news on winger Nani who has been missing for several weeks through injury with Fergie confirming he’s due to return to training today [Friday] and defender Phil Jones is also back and in contention to feature this weekend against the Hammers.
Darren Fletcher’s inclusion however, may depend on the state of West Ham’s pitch with Ferguson claiming the heavy winter pitches don’t suit the Scottish midfielder.
“The ground has been really heavy recently and I don’t think the pitches have suited him [Fletcher]. I’ve explained that to him.
“But we’re in good shape now with good options. We’ve utilised the squad very well in the last few weeks.”
What would your starting eleven be for this weekends game? Get involved in the comments section below.