- Arsenal Willing To Break Transfer Record To Sign Attacker Ahead Of Liverpool
- Arsenal Eye Audacious Move For Key Barcelona Midfielder
- Man Utd Boss Confirms He’ll Buy Attacker & Responds To Reported Ronaldo Interest
- World Class Striker Drops Huge Hint Over Manchester United Move
- Man Utd In Advanced Talks To Sign Chelsea & Liverpool Target, Deal Expected Soon
- Man Utd To Table Formal Bid For £35m-Rated Chelsea Target After Talks With Agent
Liverpool Injury Blow As Defender Ruled Out For Six Weeks
Liverpool take on Mansfield Town on Sunday in the 3rd round of the FA Cup and manager Brendan Rodgers has given an injury update ahead of the game with defender Jose Enrique set for a spell on the sidelines.
Enrique has been in excellent form of late but was forced off during Liverpool’s 3-0 win over Queens Park Rangers on the 30th December with what looked like a hamstring problem.
Speaking to Liverpool’s official website today ahead of the weekend’s action, Rodgers confirmed the bad news with the Spaniard set to miss up to six weeks with a hamstring tear.
“He has looked fantastic in the games but it looks like he’ll probably be out for up to six weeks with his hamstring.
“It’s a shame because in the game he felt nothing. Sometimes you can enter the games and be tight and stiff. He felt great, and even within the game.”
Glen Johnson has moved across to the left when Enrique has been out in the past but Rodgers has also deployed Stewart Downing at left-back on occasion as well, so it will be interesting to see what the Northern Irishman goes with during the next six weeks as Enrique works his way back to full fitness.
Who would you play at left-back with Enrique out? Get involved in the comments section below.