- [Photos] Welbeck Poses In Arsenal Shirt After Completing £16m Move From Man Utd
- [Photos] Lazar Markovic Poses In Liverpool Kit After Completing €25m Move
- Chelsea Confirm Signing Of €40m Costa On Five-Year Contract
- [Photo] Fabregas Poses In Chelsea Shirt After Sealing Move + Confirms Arsenal Snub
- Agent Confirms Talks With Arsenal + Man Utd Over €37m Ace
- Chelsea Agree €40m Deal For Spanish Hot-Shot
Chelsea Injury & Team News Update: Cech, Terry & More….
Speaking at his weekly press conference, Benitez gave the latest on injury victims Petr Cech and John Terry, as well as discuss the availability of Victor Moses and John Obi Mikel.
Goalkeeper Cech was forced off at half time with a groin strain during last weeks 2-1 win over Everton at Goodison Park and Benitez confirmed that while he’s returned to light training, the Czech international is still expected to be on the sidelines for two to three weeks.
Captain Terry has been out for almost two months with a knee injury and the Blues boss revealed that he’s slowly working his way back to full fitness but it’s still too early to give a comeback date.
But there is more positive news on Victor Moses and John Obi Mikel, with the Nigerian duo available for Saturday’s clash with the Saints before heading out to meet up with their international colleague ahead of the African Cup of Nations. Benitez told Chelseafc.com:
‘Petr [Cech] did a light training session, we will see but it will probably be about two or three weeks, I don’t think we will change the estimations now,’ said Benitez.
‘With [John] Terry, it depends on the reactions, today he did a little bit more with the team. He’s closer but we don’t know how close, but it’s positive because he’s training.’
‘Moses and Mikel have to be there on Saturday, so they can play with us and are available. They have a training camp in Portugal.’
We’ll have a full match preview up on the site shortly but what would your starting line-up be for the match? Get involved in the comments section below.