- Arsenal Ready To Battle Liverpool For Brazilian, Player Confirms Decision To Leave
- Arsenal Playmaker Mesut Ozil Offers Positive Injury Update
- Man Utd Make Audacious €25m Offer For La Liga Midfielder But Man City Also Keen
- Liverpool Attacker A Doubt To Face Arsenal After Aggravating Injury
- Mourinho May Sanction Move As Liverpool Make Audacious Swoop For Chelsea Star
- Man Utd Handed Major Injury Boost Ahead Of Aston Villa Clash
Chelsea Agree Fee & Personal Terms For Brazilian Attacker?
Chelsea are closing in on their second signing of the January transfer window after agreeing a fee with Metalist Kharkiv for midfielder Taison, according to Sky Sports.
The report claims the Brazilian held talks with the European champions after making a visit to West London earlier this month and has now agreed personal terms over a move to Stamford Bridge.
Taison joined Metalist from Internacional two-and-a-half years ago and has been a huge hit with the Ukrainian outfit, scoring 20 goals in his 83 appearances so far.
Sky Sports understand that Metalist are reluctant to sell the attacking midfielder but are believed to have finally decided to cash-in after agreeing a fee with Chelsea for the 24-year-old, and the Londoners are said to be keen to push through the deal soon to make him their second January addition after signing Demba Ba last week.
However, Sky also claim an unnamed Premier League club has made a late bid to try and gazump Chelsea and have made an approach to Metalist for Taison.
Read more Chelsea transfer news
If he does seal a move to Chelsea, Taison will have a familiar face to help him settle at Stamford Bridge after playing alongside Oscar during their time with Internacional in Brazil.
While he’s predominantly regarded as an attacking midfielder, Taison is a versatile player who can play on the wing’s as well as up front so he will certainly give boss Rafa Benitez plenty of options if he does end up at Chelsea this month.
What do Chelsea fans think of the prospect of Taison moving to Stamford Bridge? Get involved in the comments section below.