- Liverpool Handed Major Injury Boost Ahead Of Man City Showdown
- England Squad Announced: Eric Dier Joins Man Utd & Liverpool Stars In 23-Man Squad
- Liverpool Receive Injury Boost As Attacker Eyes Swift Return From Surgery
- Major Injury Boost For Liverpool As Duo Take Part In Klopps First Training Session
- Klopp Finally Speaks Out Amid Reports He’s Set To Be Named New Liverpool Boss
- Liverpool Dealt Fresh Injury Blow: Star Faces 2 Months Out + Firmino Update
Chelsea Agree Fee & Personal Terms For Brazilian Attacker?
With the January transfer window now open for business we’ll be keeping you up-to-date with all the latest transfer gossip. Today, Chelsea close on their second January signing.
Chelsea are closing in on their second signing of the January transfer window after agreeing a fee with Metalist Kharkiv for midfielder Taison, according to Sky Sports.
The report claims the Brazilian held talks with the European champions after making a visit to West London earlier this month and has now agreed personal terms over a move to Stamford Bridge.
Taison joined Metalist from Internacional two-and-a-half years ago and has been a huge hit with the Ukrainian outfit, scoring 20 goals in his 83 appearances so far.
Sky Sports understand that Metalist are reluctant to sell the attacking midfielder but are believed to have finally decided to cash-in after agreeing a fee with Chelsea for the 24-year-old, and the Londoners are said to be keen to push through the deal soon to make him their second January addition after signing Demba Ba last week.
However, Sky also claim an unnamed Premier League club has made a late bid to try and gazump Chelsea and have made an approach to Metalist for Taison.
Read more Chelsea transfer news
If he does seal a move to Chelsea, Taison will have a familiar face to help him settle at Stamford Bridge after playing alongside Oscar during their time with Internacional in Brazil.
While he’s predominantly regarded as an attacking midfielder, Taison is a versatile player who can play on the wing’s as well as up front so he will certainly give boss Rafa Benitez plenty of options if he does end up at Chelsea this month.
What do Chelsea fans think of the prospect of Taison moving to Stamford Bridge? Get involved in the comments section below.