- Arsenal Ready To Battle Liverpool For Brazilian, Player Confirms Decision To Leave
- Arsenal Playmaker Mesut Ozil Offers Positive Injury Update
- Man Utd Make Audacious €25m Offer For La Liga Midfielder But Man City Also Keen
- Liverpool Attacker A Doubt To Face Arsenal After Aggravating Injury
- Mourinho May Sanction Move As Liverpool Make Audacious Swoop For Chelsea Star
- Man Utd Handed Major Injury Boost Ahead Of Aston Villa Clash
Arsenal Transfer News: Gunners Linked With Argentinean Midfielder
The report suggests Wenger wants to add to his squad this month and is in the market for a defensive midfielder after failing to replace Alex Song in the summer. The newspaper claims the boss has been scouting the Argentine international and he’s under consideration along with West Ham’s Mohamed Diame and Wigan’s James McCarthy.
Biglia has been with Anderlecht since 2006 and has played almost 200 games for the Belgian giants. However, the Mirror claim the 26-year-old has made it clear to his club that he wants to leave this month and Arsenal are understood to have joined Newcastle and Norwich in showing an interest in his services.
Read more Arsenal transfer news
While it’s good to hear we’re looking to sign a defensive midfielder, as I’ve been calling for Arsene to sign an athletic ball-winner for months now, but I’m not convinced Biglia is the man for the job.
From what I’ve seen he’s bang average to be honest. He’s won 7 caps for Argentina but there is a reason he’s been stuck in Belgium for nearly seven years and hasn’t been able to secure a move to a top European club.
Biglia would be my last choice of the three players the Mirror claim we’re looking at. I’d love Diame but don’t see him as a ‘defensive’ midfielder and he’s too similar to Diaby. McCarthy would be an interesting one. He’s young, tenacious, has Premier League experience and fits into the ‘British’ core that Arsene’s now looking for.
Who would you like Arsenal to sign this month? Get involved in the comments section below.